YouTube - Stamp Collecting

Discussion in 'United States Stamps' started by Molokai, Nov 18, 2015.

1. Molokai

Molokai Well-Known Member

Has anyone here scoured YouTube for clips on stamp collecting? It would seem there might be a few of interest?

I saw reference to an old Bureau of Printing and Engraving video in a book, decided to check YouTube perchance it might be there. No luck, but found this interesting old newsreel on the roll-out of the 50th Anniversary of Motion Pictures stamp, Scott #926 - 1944 - it was even before my time.:joyful:

2. zararina

zararina Simply Me! :D

I have not tried searching YouTube for videos with regards to stamps.
    That was a nice short classic video. :)

3. Gunny

Gunny Retired Jarhead

zararina likes this.
  4. Hochstrasse

Hochstrasse Well-Known Member

5. Gunny

Gunny Retired Jarhead

Didn't know about the APS Videos. The National Postal Museum (NPM) also has some videos.

SATX Collector likes this.
  6. Molokai

Molokai Well-Known Member

Howdy Hoch! I think you did post at one point - I sort of remember seeing the links - but it was right after I joined here and lost them in the sun. Very cool, vielen dank!

Just FYI - I know you are into philatelic literature - I ordered seven more books this week. I think that will have to be it for now - plenty to read/study during my three-week holiday break. Alas, no matter how quickly I buy them, the longer my want list gets. If my wife complains about too many books coming in, I'll blame you and Peter. ;)

Gunny likes this.
  7. Hochstrasse

Hochstrasse Well-Known Member

Happy to take the blame Molokai! I'm simply amazed at the volume of books you are acquiring. I hope to pick up some after the New Year. I spent some coin on my other hobby of coin collecting. It's tough budgeting the hobby money when everywhere I look there is something I want to buy. I found some more stamps on the StampStore site I'm drooling over too. When your literature arrives give us all a review when you finish perusing them.

8. Jehovahnissi

Jehovahnissi Member

Neat! I haven't ever thought about checking out collections on YouTube, but I will now!

9. nerdgirlcool

nerdgirlcool New Member

There's a few but not many. National Postal Museum had a few good vids getting their Sundman series.

I'm toying with the idea of making some slideshow type presentations for YouTube but I have a bit more organizing you do first.

James-2489 and Gunny like this.
  10. zararina

That is a nice idea and feel free to share here if ever you have made one. :)

11. tasha

tasha Active Member

That's interesting thanks for sharing!! It seems that it is not just people on these sites that have our interests but everywhere. Great information for us to go through.

12. AtanasVelikov

AtanasVelikov Member

Thanks for these links - I didn't realize stamp collecting was so 'common'. I will definitely be going to bed later tonight after catching up with all this great information.

13. Gunny

Gunny Retired Jarhead

Here's a new Youtube video about the United States National Postal Museum's efforts to digitize their collection. It's not just U.S. stamps that they are digitizing as well.

zararina likes this.
  14. Gunny

Gunny Retired Jarhead

For you collectors of British stamps, the National Postal Museum has this hour-long presentation of the History of Britain in 36 stamps. Good stuff.

James-2489, zararina and Molokai like this.
  15. zararina

Thanks for the videos Gunny, so informative. :)

16. AtanasVelikov

AtanasVelikov Member

Another thanks and thumbs up for those videos :)

Draft saved Draft deleted