World Stamp Show 2016

Discussion in 'Stamp Chat' started by Molokai, Apr 29, 2016.

1. Molokai

Molokai Moderator Moderator

Anyone else here on StampExchange going to the World Stamp Show in New York next month? It would be nice to meet up with you, if so.

2. zararina

zararina Simply Me! :D

That's a nice idea. :)
    I am not a US resident and just getting a visa is very difficult. So, no chance of attending that stamp show. :D

3. Hochstrasse

Hochstrasse Moderator Moderator

Personal scheduling for the period of the show makes it impossible for me to go. I had actually planned earlier to be in New York around that time. Have a good time Molokai, these International shows are really great.

Molokai likes this.
  4. DonSellos

DonSellos Moderator Moderator

Alas, I won't be going. Once you get there take a few photos on your smart phone and post them here for those of us stuck at home.

Don

PS: Are you going to make a pilgrimage to Nassau Street?

Molokai likes this.
  5. Molokai

Hi, Don -

Good thinking! Actually I just got a 'Smartphone' - it was tough giving up my clam shell after 10 years, but people were talking, LOL! I call them DumbPhones and to me it is Anti-Social Media...but not the place to go there...

I hope to get down to Nassau Street, at least stand in front of 116, imagine it is 1938 or so ...and thinking somewhere a stamp collector is being born! ;)

Thank you for the Blue Books tip. Somehow they are not on my want list (which seems to grow faster than I can buy them). I see them on Amazon and ABE around $15.00. Is 1938 an update or are they v1 and v2? Thank you for the help!

James-2489 likes this.
  6. DonSellos

DonSellos Moderator Moderator

They are two different editions. Some entries are identical in both editions, some collectors are in both with a little more or different information in the 1938 edition, but the 1938 edition is not identical to the 1935 one. The 1938 edition is organized a little differently. It has a "by state" index and a "collector by specialty" index which isn't all that helpful now. Both edition have ads from the prominent dealers of the day and an index to advertisers.

Don

Molokai likes this.
  7. Molokai

Draft saved Draft deleted