Wolves

Discussion in 'Want Lists' started by Taliasen, Nov 9, 2014.

1. Taliasen

Taliasen New Member

Wolves. Not a person named Wolfe, but the four legged mammal. I do not care if it is foreign of domestic, 1 year or 100 years old, new or canceled. If it has a picture of a wolf I want it.

2. Peter T Davis

Peter T Davis Administrator Moderator

Hey Taliasen, welcome aboard! There are many wolf stamps, you could put together a nice album out of just wolf stamps. What do you have so far?

I could send you a set of these?
    Wolf_stamp.jpg

3. Taliasen

Taliasen New Member

I am really want those but I just started and literally and have NOTHING at all for trade.

I have these from Mongolia.
    [​IMG]

I have some Cambodia wolf stamps incoming.
    I do really like those ones from... Poland? though!

A couple of newbie questions.
    Condition?
    Coming from the baseball card world condition is everything. It sounds like canceled stamps are more desirable then non though?

Storage?
    I am using 9 pocket baseball card pages. Is there something better? I do not want to permanently mount them do I? Is there a specific book or storage available? It looks like there is not a standard size for stamps like there is for sports cards.

Tal

4. Peter T Davis

I'll send you those, nothing required in trade it's not an expensive set. Normally, I'd say "pay it forward" but I've seen you do that many times over at the Sports Card Club already!

Condition? Cancelled? Sure, it all depends though. You can do a registry set with stamps, just like you can do with cards, or coins. A lot of times you'll see cancelled stamps selling at more or the same as in mint condition, sometimes less.

There are actually nicer albums out there than what I've seen for sports cards. If you get a chance to go to a show, or a local shop, do it so you can see them in hand first. If not, I've always found that browsing eBay gives me good ideas about stuff like stamp albums. Here's the relevant category.

Taliasen likes this.
  5. Taliasen

Taliasen New Member

6. Hochstrasse

Hochstrasse Moderator Moderator

That's an interesting topic you have chosen to collect. Collecting mint or used is entirely a matter of preference, in the case of older stamps sometimes a question of budget. I think as a temporary measure the card pages will probably we alright. If I remember my card collecting days I seem to remember that most of them were archival. Until such a time as you may want to create your own album pages for wolf stamps you may want to consider "stock books" or binder type stamp pages, "stock pages". Subway Stamps is a reputable online vendor for stamp collecting supplies, I will provide you a link.
    http://www.subwaystamp.com/

Peter T Davis likes this.
  7. Taliasen

Taliasen New Member

Yeah I just discovered some wolf stamps a few days ago. I am working with PSA to create the official and authoritative wolf card collection. I have some tobacco cards that are over 110 years old.
    Tal

Hochstrasse likes this.
  8. zararina

zararina Simply Me! :D

Welcome to the forum Taliasen, those are nice wolf stamps. :)

9. tasha

tasha Active Member

These are great looking stamps. When you said you want wolves I thought you meant the real thing! We have the "Big 5" on some our stamps here but I havent seen ones with wolves on before.
    What does the wolf symbolise and why?

10. Taliasen

Taliasen New Member

The wolf is my spirit animal. What do they symbolize? Family, loyalty, intelligence, wild spirit, protector.

Tal

11. zararina

Very interesting to know this. :)

12. Taliasen

Taliasen New Member

So far I have wolf stamps from Cambodia, Poland, Romania, Madagascar, Czechoslovakia, and Mongolia.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Hochstrasse and zararina like this.
  13. zararina

Those stamps look good. Hope you can get more as you want to. :)

14. Peter T Davis

Looks like the ones I sent you got there safely?

15. Taliasen

Taliasen New Member

Yup thank you very much!

Draft saved Draft deleted