Where can I...???

Discussion in 'United States Stamps' started by POLICEDIVER, Aug 13, 2011.

1. POLICEDIVER

POLICEDIVER Member

Was wondering if anybody knows where I can buy postage grade 3c 4c 5c 6c 8c and 10c stamps from the 40's to 70's to use on pictorial cancellation covers I make and collect. Don't want to pay Scott price and was wondering if any discount postage dealers may be around??

2. kacyds

kacyds New Member

Have you tried Stamps2Go.com ?

3. Alvin

Alvin Member

By "postage grade," do you mean mint? Many of here probably have some -- I certainly do.

4. Albert

Albert New Member

I have 4,5,6,8, and some 10. I sell them for one and a half face. Let me know, agdeweyjr@aol.com

5. ratio411

ratio411 Active Member

Believe it or not, many coin dealers that dabble in stamps a bit will sell bulk obsolete stamps BELOW face.
    I don't know where you are, but there is a shop in Memphis that sells $300 face for $250.

6. ratio411

ratio411 Active Member

That's cool that you have found people to buy them at that price.
    You'd be lucky to get half of face at a dealer.
    Mainly because the only buyers use them as postage, and won't pay the dealer face value due to the effort involved in placing several stamps instead of one.

7. masterofthehouse

masterofthehouse New Member

I can definitely attest to this. There are a couple of coin dealers around in my area that have this sort thing out there, and this price seems to be around what they're charging as well. I'd definitely look into it if I were you.

8. Albert

Albert New Member

I am new to selling stamps at a discount I try to sell stamps for a little profit but since a have a large amount selling at a discount makes sense. I will sell $100.00 for $90.00; $200.00 for $170.00

9. Duke Arbinthrope

Duke Arbinthrope New Member

masterofthehouse and yet the sign is masculine! :)

10. Larry L. Taylor

Larry L. Taylor Active Member

I've been able to buy bulk / discounted postage from a few dealers at stamps shows over the past. Sometimes you can get a deal on an eBay bid (currently have a bid on something like $6 worth of postage for about $4.50.

Most dealers will pay you about 60 cents on the dollar for bulk postage (partial sheets, blocks, strips) and if they have excess may sell same for 85-90% of face.

11. black

black New Member

A friend of mine is a solicitor, she is one of the nicest people you would wish to meet.

Draft saved Draft deleted