Where Can I Find Stamps for my collection?

Discussion in 'Stamp Chat' started by SorenCoins, Jul 19, 2017.

1. SorenCoins

SorenCoins New Member

I have literally 0 stamps. Unless on some old postcards from my parents. I'll be looking. But does anyone know a good place to find any? Thanks.

-SC

2. pdotk

pdotk Active Member

Hi Welcome to this forum. Even I am new to this forum. But I have been collecting stamps for the last 3 to 4 years. I do collect circulated and dead coins,banknotes from all around the world, Proof and UNC from India.

Straight answer is, you can buy stampls at a Philately Bureau near you at face value.

Tips is:
    Before start collecting stamps, one has to decide few things depending on their budget and interest.

I.
    World wide stamps,
    Country collection (Take your own country or any other country or dead country)
    or Thematic (According to your interest and knowledge, I collect Odd and Unusual stamps, Evolution of Flight, Animals Miniature sheets and coins and currencies on stamps) \
    and which era you want to collect.

II.
    Then you decide what kind of material you want to collect, like Mint stamps only/ used only/ both Mint and used/ Miniature sheets/First day covers etc., or anything.

III.
    Find a Philately Bureau near to your place, give a leisure visit and buy materials and collect info about philatelic clubs, dealers near you.

IV.
    You can exchange these stamps here in this forum.

That is how I started my hobby.
    Surf the web, because knowledge is power in this hobby(in any hobby ofcourse).

Hope this post will help you.

Thanks
    PdotK

SorenCoins likes this.
  3. Philactica

Philactica Active Member

Hi, I can send you a good quantity of stamps if you can receive normal airmail.
    Send me your postal address via the private message system.
    Erich

Draft saved Draft deleted