What's your favorite stamp?

Discussion in 'Stamp Chat' started by sahara1981, Jun 19, 2016.

1. sahara1981

sahara1981 New Member

I was wondering what your favorite stamp is.
    As collectors there is usually at least one stamp that
    we like the most and could hardly imagine trading it or giving it away.
    Maybe you can share a picture of it.
    I will share my favorite stamp (out of my husband's collection) once I get access to a scanner.

2. Hochstrasse

Hochstrasse Moderator Moderator

I don't have a single "favorite" stamp, but I have always loved the so-called Persian rug revenue stamps. Although I don't own any of them they are still captivating my imagination.
    [​IMG]
    https://stamporama.com/articles/display_article.php?id=RATTCh8C5WyeQ

3. SATX Collector

SATX Collector Remember the Alamo!

I like a lot of different ones from different countries... some of the Space topicals from different countries showing different satellites and tracking stations are one of the things I look for most.

sahara1981 likes this.
  4. JCG

JCG Member

I love all the engraved US stamp from 1847 to 1937. I stink in artistic form, but admire the beauty and challenge to create such a unique art form that, as far as I am concerned, rivals the great artwork of things such as the Mona Lisa etc. Look at this stamp, it is a super common stamp, only philatelists would see the beauty and appreciate it as a stand alone artwork. And dealers think it is only worth a few dollars! Geez, I am truly a stamp collector!

[​IMG]

5. Philactica

Philactica Active Member

sahara1981, Hochstrasse and James2489 like this.
  6. DonSellos

DonSellos Moderator Moderator

Welcome to the forum Sahara.

As a world-wide collector, it is difficult for me to choose one stamp. Every area/country that I collect has some especially attractive stamps. Then, too, I find that I favor a series of stamps over just one. That said, I'll start with the U.S. which was my first collecting area way back in the 1960s.

I have always liked the U.S. Parcel Post series with its realistic scenes of mail delivery and transportation in the early 20th century. Of this twelve-stamp series, the 20c Airplane Carrying Mail is my favorite because I have a great interest in aviation and this stamp offers a good composit rendition of one of the Wright brothers early airplanes in flight. Also, this stamp is credited as being the first postage stamp to picture a heavier than air aircraft.

Don

[​IMG]

7. sahara1981

sahara1981 New Member

I am very impressed by your responses. Thanks so much for sharing.
    So here is my favorite from Monaco.
    I also was able to upload it as my profile picture :)

Attached Files:

James-2489 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted