What is the ugliest stamp you've seen?

Discussion in 'Stamp Chat' started by CalzoneManiac, May 8, 2014.

1. CalzoneManiac

CalzoneManiac Member

My all-time ugliest stamp is US Scott 1527 (the one fr the 1974 Environment Expo). The long pants remind me of giant vacuum cleaners.
    uglystamp.jpg

2. DonSellos

DonSellos Moderator Moderator

Whenever I see Peter Max's "Cosmic Jumper" stamp I am reminded that there is little new under the sun. Check out Czechoslovakia's 1925 newspaper stamp design!

Don

Cosmic Jumper.jpg

3. Hochstrasse

Hochstrasse Moderator Moderator

I have always thought that this USPS sheetlet had some of the ugliest stamps I had ever seen. Don't get me wrong, I love stamps with animals on them. Each and every stylized animal has those "deer in headlights" look that is both inane and repulsive. I really don't know why I bought it, but it's in my collection.

[​IMG]

4. derailed

derailed Active Member

Those dog ones really creeped me out when I saw them. Well, the rest of them are pretty okay, not the best I've seen, but okay.

5. CalzoneManiac

CalzoneManiac Member

Not to mention the fact that the collective name for the stamps has no relation to the actual subject they portray.

6. zararina

zararina Simply Me! :D

I like all my stamps. But sometimes I think those stamps just featuring a person's face are not that attractive.

Last edited: May 11, 2014
  7. tmbits

tmbits New Member

Haha! Thanks, now I'm rifling through my stuff looking for the ugliest stamp I own! I never thought I'd be doing that! But frankly, its rather entertaining! AND has the side bonus of getting my sons attention to this thing they call Stamp Collecting!

Hochstrasse likes this.
  8. derailed

derailed Active Member

I agree with you. My grandma has a stamp with Beethoven's face on it. It used to creep me out every time I saw it when I was young.

9. CrystalMarie

CrystalMarie Member

I have ran across plenty of ugly stamps. Some of which I questioned were actual stamps. Here a couple that are just offensive.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

tmbits, DonSellos and Hochstrasse like this.
  10. Hochstrasse

Hochstrasse Moderator Moderator

:happy::happy::happy:
    Zazzle offers customized postage that is legitimate postage. The ones you picked certainly fit the "ugly" category. :happy:

11. CalzoneManiac

CalzoneManiac Member

O lord, those zazzle ones are ugly.

12. zararina

zararina Simply Me! :D

The last two stamps are really not beautiful. :p

13. DonSellos

DonSellos Moderator Moderator

CrystalMarie:

Where did this stamp come from:

[​IMG]

is it maybe a birthday Cinderella from Greece?

The colors in that Zazzle stamps are kind of nice.

Don

14. tmbits

tmbits New Member

haha! Crytsal those are definitely in the running! Ugly enough I put my "this will win an ugly contest!" contestants away. I'm going to keep looking though! :-o

15. derailed

derailed Active Member

The second stamp: Oh God, why? I mean, who would even make such a stamp? It's a very disturbing one.

tmbits likes this.
  16. stampdad

stampdad Member

CrystalMarie gets my vote ,I was trying to think of something pre 1970 that I could submit but after seeing these I must admit defeat.

17. derailed

derailed Active Member

Well, the first one is okay in my opinion, but the other two are just plain ugly. I don't have any ugly stamps (un)fortunately.

18. stampdad

stampdad Member

Does she win anything?

19. derailed

derailed Active Member

Maybe the most beautiful stamp to reward her for finding the ugliest stamps ever, hah.

20. Steve Robinson

Steve Robinson Well-Known Member Supporter

It's all in the eye of the beholder LOL

Draft saved Draft deleted