What goes on? (on here)

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by 121211, Dec 12, 2011.

1. 121211

121211 New Member

New boy needs the low down?

2. zararina

zararina Simply Me! :D

Welcome here new boy. ;)
    Enjoy the stamps around. :p

121211 likes this.
  3. shehasnoname

shehasnoname New Member

I think the site is quite new and there are few instructions, you have to just keep looking and wait for it to click. I t seems the ones who have been on a while have a little clique, but I'll be your friend.

121211 likes this.
  4. steve logan

steve logan Logie Bear

lol i have not been here long shehasnoname, and it is not clicky more like just friendly, good hearted stamp collectors new and old, who enjoy sharing their collections, helping others with their collections, general discusions mostly stamp related.

in my few months here i have found a great bunch of people from across the globe, we do not have people from every country yet, but we are getting there.

Welcome to the forum to you both

Steve

5. Sam B

Sam B Active Member

The site is new, so everyone here is still new;) welcome to you both, and I'm always open to see and learn new things about the hobby

shehasnoname, steve logan and kacyds like this.
  6. Steve Robinson

Steve Robinson Well-Known Member Supporter

Welcome to both of you and join the Clique LOL

7. philatelisteria

philatelisteria New Member

From what I have read everyone is tolerant and nice with a single exception. We all know whom that is eh, boys and girls?

8. shehasnoname

shehasnoname New Member

That is up to the administrators Lis [can I call you that?]

9. steve logan

steve logan Logie Bear

i hope its not me lol;)

10. 121211

121211 New Member

It is not you Mr. L. In fact you seem like a very nice guy, very cheerful.

11. 121211

121211 New Member

How many entries does my thread have to get before I get loads of free stamps and stuff?
    Has anyone thought of running some sort of quiz with prizes and stuff?

12. steve logan

steve logan Logie Bear

Why thank you

Steve

13. 121211

121211 New Member

Even though you did beat me to the stamps ha ha ha. Have you got them yet, are you going to post them up when you have chance. Gloating is all part of the fun you know?

14. steve logan

steve logan Logie Bear

The best prizes are the treasure we share with each other, in our many trades :)

i am sure if you go through the trade string you will find quite a few i have listed with no take up yet, mainly because i collect worldwide with no themes (apart from the Christmas Album), so i have spares for everything lol

15. Admiral

Admiral New Member

Are not the best prizes cash prizes steve logan? ha ha ha. Nice to see you are a member that does not take himself too seriously. It has always been the problem of philately that enthusiasts are hair shirts, but glancing around the site I am begining to see how that reputation was earned :)

16. steve logan

steve logan Logie Bear

I show a
    All my stamps i have catalogued so far on the Catawiki web site, i have just over 8,000 logged so far, and working on more every day. and i do love showing them off lol

you can see what i have logged so far on the link below

Steve

http://www.catawiki.com/collection/Daimon1963/index

17. steve logan

steve logan Logie Bear

i do not really do the stamps for the money, my personal collection of around 60,000+ stamps will never be sold, by me, when i have departed if i have not managed to get one of my grandchildren interested in them, they will be able to do as they please with them.

i find i get a better quality of stamp, and closer to what i am looking for by trading.

i do sell stamps but that is mostly to keep funding my own collection, as i tend to buy bulk lots, and have many duplicates.

18. philatelisteria

yes

19. philatelisteria

everyone will have a different answer to this ha ha ha , no it ain't you

20. Sam B

Sam B Active Member

And I thought it was you Steve....:confused:

steve logan likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted