What can I do with my uncle's amazing collection of stamps collected in the 40s and 50s?

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by TaraDP, Oct 27, 2011.

1. Philactica

Philactica Active Member

>>Hi, my grandfather and uncle were long time US Post Office employees.

2. tasha

tasha Active Member

I would keep them as it is something that was worth something to your family. Sometimes it is not about the money and what it is worth in value but what it is worth in your heart

3. SATX Collector

SATX Collector Remember the Alamo!

Not sure if this has been posited before but the Smithsonian Institution has a website with postal history and pics that is indexed VERY well... I am using it for a similar purpose -- I too am writing a couple of books using stamps as a central draw and how they relate to various locations.

Here it is... http://arago.si.edu/

4. SATX Collector

And another... http://www.1847usa.com/index.htm

5. Brian Jones

Brian Jones New Member

If you would like to donate some of your Grandfather's and Uncles stamps, the San Jose Stamp Club hosts Boy Scout stamp collecting merit badge programs at stamp shows in the SF/Silicon Valley area for over 50 boys a year (we've helped over 500 already. We also host youth & beginner activities throughout the year. I'd be happy to provide more details on request to bfj39@yahoo.com

Brian Jones
    President, San Jose Stamp Club

SATX Collector likes this.
  6. SATX Collector

Look for a private email from me... I have a number of items I can send you if you give me a physical address.

7. zararina

zararina Simply Me! :D

Welcome to the forum Brian. :)
    Nice to know about your club.

8. Steve Robinson

Steve Robinson Well-Known Member Supporter

9. tasha

tasha Active Member

I hope you decide to keep them or if you dont want to then save it for another member of your family who might like it one day.

Draft saved Draft deleted