Welcome Packs for new collectors

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by steve logan, Mar 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roger Mize

Roger Mize New Member

I'm Roger and I've been collecting since I was 10( 43 years) and hope to trade a few stamps. I do it for fun not profit so that,s about it. Looking forward to trading any and all.

2. Peter T Davis

Peter T Davis Administrator Moderator

Welcome aboard Roger!

3. Steve Robinson

Steve Robinson Well-Known Member Supporter

Welcome to the forum Roger, what do you collect?

4. zararina

zararina Simply Me! :D

Nice to have you here Roger.
    It will be great to see some of your stamps in here.

5. ebunny

ebunny New Member

I'm Eileen, and I've been a stamp collector since I was a child.
    My collection consists mainly of stamps from the U.S., U.K., Australia, Malaysia and Singapore.
    It's not impressive but I do take pride in it. :D
    Happy New Year 2013, everybody!!!

6. Don

Don New Member

Happy New Year to you too

7. Steve Robinson

Hi Eileen welcome to the forum and Happy New Year :D

8. Josefk17

Josefk17 New Member

Greeting all, I started collecting in the late 80's. it was off and on. Several years back I started back up full time. I created my own album, fitting my likes. It starts at Large Bank Note series all the what up to 1980 (in the album) and then continues to 2000 in stock books. The early series have wholes namely the high dollar value stamps. I'm not looking to make my collection as an investment but an enjoyment. I also collect USSR 1940 to 1995. So cheers

PS are there any stamp show podcasts out there? I could not find any.

Cheer to you all.

Steve Robinson likes this.
  9. Steve Robinson

Welcome to the forum Josef :D

10. zararina

Nice to have you here Josef! :)
    It will be great to see some of your high dollar value stamps here. ;)

11. James

James New Member

Hello to all,

I'm James from Auckland, New Zealand and I've been collecting since I was 7 years and hope to trade a few stamps on this forum too. I do it for fun not to make money from it and I always like to collect from different places and I hope I will have some good collection from Stampexchange forum.

12. steve logan

steve logan Logie Bear

Hi James
    welcome to the forum, i have a pretty good NZ collection myself but i do have lots of gaps and would love to be able to start filling them up, do you have any kind of a want list for what you are looking to trade?

13. Steve Robinson

Welcome James my own NZ collection only goes up to the change over to decimal currency

14. zararina

Hello there too James and welcome to the forum. ;)

15. zararina

Just want to say hi to Steve L, I hopes everything's okay. :rolleyes:

16. getwu

getwu New Member

Hello

I am Canadian beginning collecting again after 40 years. I hope it engages my son as it once did me. We are starting from scratch, my stamps are long gone so we are just beginning to source stamps.

My interest was rekindled when I found a tatter 20s vintage album at thrift shop with a few hundred stamps within. While there are none of any great value as far as I can tell, there are many of a vintage I once coveted as a child. I am excited by the possibilities of stamp exchanges over the internet, I was an isolated collector back in the 60s.

I am looking for advice on best albums, have prefence for the canceled variety of stamp. I just bought a two posted Harris album and don't like how they pages won't lie flat. I want to convert to something simple like a 3 ring binder. Am wondering are there sources of printable pages on the web with images of stamp issues?

regards

Jim (aka Getwu)

17. zararina

18. Hochstrasse

Hochstrasse Moderator Moderator

Welcome to the forum getwu! I don't think most of the printable pages you will find have stamp pictures on the page, in fact I haven't yet seem one. That is really something that one finds with the expensive stamp albums you find at the stamp stores. All of the printable pages I have seen are really no different than the ones I make with Microsoft Word. I use acid free paper from the stationary store and create my own pages and are basicly indistinguishable from the ones the last link are selling. I use hole reinforcers for my 3-ring binders and use a little heavier paper that is more consistent with album pages. Anyway here a a couple of links for you to peruse.

http://stamps.org/Free-Album-Pages
    http://www.subwaystamp.com/Album-Pages/departments/26/
    http://stampsbooks.com/printable-stamps-album-pages/cat_2.html

19. vanholt

vanholt New Member

Hello All!!!
    I am a collector of used stamps. My Grandfather started me collecting US stamps in 1976. I have been collecting US ever since. Now I have expanded into WW. I have concentrated in Netherlands, Australia, Britain and Canada. Germany, Poland and Hungary have been thrust upon me via WW trade packets.
    So that is my story!! Looking forward to having some fun with other collectors
    Hope your day is going well
    Peg

20. zararina

Welcome to the forum. :)
    Nice to have you here and hope to see some of your collections around.