Washington / Franklin issues

Discussion in 'United States Stamps' started by Jay, Apr 24, 2012.

1. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

Denny's my treat!

2. Bionicbelly

Bionicbelly Getting this stamp thing licked

nah - don't eat foreign food :p

3. kacyds

kacyds New Member

Im rowing my boat as fast as I can.........:eek:

4. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

nice. I just found out that my insurance stopped paying for one of my important meds so might have to take a raincheck on that. Now I am having some woes...*sigh*. Why would hey change heir formulary without notification like that? I'm so frustrated right now I could scream!! Sorry I had to vent.

5. kacyds

kacyds New Member

Was wondering why my ears were ringing......sorry to hear that.

6. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

you shouldn't be affected any. Amy is at the pharmacy seeing what I can do about it. I really wasn't planning to shell out a thousand bucks this morning... (smacking head off wall repeatedly) I just can't catch a break lately??

7. kacyds

kacyds New Member

Denny's about to explode in England

By Damanick Dantes
    Posted 4:30PM 07/15/10 Posted
    Denny's Corporation is planning to launch franchises across the UK within two years. The stores in England stores will continue the traditional Denny's personal table-service, with breakfast, lunch, dinner, and late night food options at value prices. The company currently owns 1,500 locations worldwide, 90% are franchised.

According to Big Hospitality online, Denny's is following in the footsteps of Ruby Tuesday, Chipotle, and Taco Bell, all expanding in England. One of the main incentives for Denny's to open stores in England is because of the recent emergency budget which includes lower corporation taxes meant to boost economic productivity.

UK Denny's stores are expected to eventually create thousands of jobs

8. Bionicbelly

Bionicbelly Getting this stamp thing licked

Interesting

With the current "rebellion" against fast food establishments steadily growing over here, I doubt that it is good commercial decision. Already many of our food stores are closing or are closed. To be honest, I think we are already over run by these establishments and flooding the market even more could be a bad move - but hey not my worry ~ if you guys want to shell your greenbacks over here _ I am happy to bank them ;)

It is only the "kids" that generate the majority of fast food trade here, and given that a large majoity of our 16 - 25 year olds can not get jobs at present, that market is most likely to shrink even more

Anyway - this has nothing to do with stamps - so soap box away

Bionic

9. Larry L. Taylor

Larry L. Taylor Active Member

Uhhhggg - barf - puke! Worst place to eat in my town! I'm surprised this particular restaurant has stayed in business lo these many years.

10. Larry L. Taylor

Larry L. Taylor Active Member

Sorry to hear about your dilema. I'm about to enter that netherworld. I go on 'Mediscare' the 1st of June. Haven't even gotten to the issue of drug coverage. I do know they increased my 'Mediscare' taxes nearly $1700 a year because I made too much money in 2010; this to help pay for a system that's going bankrupt and for which I'll have fight to get coverage! Used to be doctors in the US wouldn't take new patients that are on Medicaide - now they're refusing to take new patients on 'Mediscare'.

11. kacyds

kacyds New Member

I agree totally. There were 4 locations here in the New Orleans area at one time, they have all closed now. Also all but 1 of the Shoneys have closed, too, which doesnt hurt my feeling any......lol

12. kacyds

kacyds New Member

Dont know about the UK, but most kids in that age, here in the US, DONT WANT TO WORK. :eek: The young generation we have now, are some of the most laziest people ever. Dont know what this world will be like in the near future......:mad:

13. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

kacyds nailed it. I can't believe the lack of work ethic in our younger generation! They think the world owes them everything. I just don't understand I guess?

Hoss's then? Red Lobster?

14. kacyds

kacyds New Member

Might have to settle for a $1 cheeseburger from Burger King. lol

15. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

don't start .... :p

16. kacyds

kacyds New Member

Draft saved Draft deleted