Vatican Souvenir - I.D.?

Discussion in 'Stamp Chat' started by Molokai, Sep 8, 2017.

1. Molokai

Molokai Well-Known Member

I received this in a box of miscellaneous items I purchased a few months ago. I’ve done some searching, but haven’t been able to identify it. Obviously some sort of commemorative item from the John Paul II’s Vatican with Vatican Museum stamps. I see some similar online but not this particular one. Anyone able to ID it?

Four pages, booklet form in protective sleeve. The stamps were issued in 1998 I believe.

Attached Files:

2. James-2489

James-2489 Well-Known Member

Hello Molokai, I was not able to identify scan 2 or 3 (yet) but 1 and 4 info below. (Each from a six stamp issue)
    upload_2017-9-9_7-57-31.png

upload_2017-9-9_7-58-23.png
    Regards, James.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2017
    Molokai likes this.
  3. Molokai

Thank you, James! Looking at the prices I guess I can't quit my day job just yet. :inpain:

4. James-2489

Hello Molokai, I've not found your stamp from this group, I suspect different issue dates. I have found undated images online of several values and overprints.
    Try searching 10 years either side of 1945
    upload_2017-9-9_10-54-34.png
    upload_2017-9-9_10-53-37.png

Regards, James.

5. Molokai

Thanks again, James. I am thinking it must be something someone purchased at the Vatican museum. I tried TinEye also and didn't come up with anything.

6. James-2489

7. Molokai

Have a safe, pleasant and productive journey, James. When I travelled frequently to Switzerland on business I found coming back (western bound) was much harder on me than going (eastern bound).

James-2489 likes this.
  8. James-2489

Thank you Molokai, being 11 years into my retirement I find it quite easy to adjust my sleep cycle for the westbound journey, much easier than the 6 hour change in timezones that I used to suffer when working all day, shower and shave then catching the midnight flight.
    The temperature change does'nt bother me too much but the sudden 17'c (30.6'f) drop is harder for my wife.

Regards, James.

Draft saved Draft deleted