US Airmails C149 & C150

Discussion in 'United States Stamps' started by kacyds, May 12, 2012.

1. kacyds

kacyds New Member

Darrin, Sam B and Tom D like this.
  2. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

I seen the Amish one before but I really fancy the first block you showed there!

3. POLICEDIVER

POLICEDIVER Member

How come most post offices in the Northern states dont have the 85s?? Every time I get a letter from MN or ND it has the birds of prey stamps...

4. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

I usually get the Amish country ones which is sort of ironic because I live in Amish country. Those buggies and the clip-clop of the horse hooves are an everyday event here.

5. POLICEDIVER

POLICEDIVER Member

When I was in Lancaster County PA I saw a few...

6. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

Pain in the but if you ask me! They ruin the road (and don't have to pay taxes to fix them), Cause accidents (going to slow and not yielding and spooked horses) they are just a hazard on the main roads. I read about accidents almost weekly in the paper around here. Having said that though, they are wonderful people but if you give one a ride someplace they will constantly bug you for a lift day and night! Don't those people ever sleep?? haha... Probably not they probably spend all night counting all their money! Yes, most Amish families are very well off!

kacyds likes this.
  7. Darrin

Darrin Active Member

I really like this series of airmail stamps. I am happy when I get an envelope or clipping with one or two of these on it. I have a box full of recent on paper US that I have been accumulating over the past 5 years. I really must go through it and separate these for removal from paper and see what I have. There are a few I am missing.

kacyds likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted