Uniting the world with stamps

Discussion in 'Stamp Chat' started by tasha, Apr 5, 2016.

1. tasha

tasha Active Member

Stamp collecting is a great way to see what is going on around the world and with so many options from each country it is nice to understand why and what the stamp was created for; Olympics brings out stamps in every country as well as war stamps and animals but does anyone know of others that have united the world together?

2. zararina

zararina Simply Me! :D

Maybe those commemorative stamps as these usually show events and famous personalities.

3. tasha

tasha Active Member

yes we have all seen Olympics and world cup stamps but what about other stamps that promote peace or some other event that keeps us all united without sports or politics. I haven't been able to source one but I think pre war there was a stamp that was circulated throughout the world, I am going to search for it and then post it.

4. SATX Collector

SATX Collector Remember the Alamo!

Telecommunications and the Space Race to name a couple more...

5. Hochstrasse

Hochstrasse Moderator Moderator

The dove as a symbol of peace has been issued as a stamp by numerous nations and remains a popular thematic uniting nations of the world.

[​IMG]

zararina likes this.
  6. zararina

zararina Simply Me! :D

True and nice stamp Hoch. :)

Draft saved Draft deleted