Top Of Morning All

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Andy1982, Feb 5, 2014.

1. Andy1982

Andy1982 New Member

Hi guys. I'm Andy. I currently live in Ireland with my wife and beautiful daughter Katie-Rose. I got into collecting stamps when I was about 12 when my Granada give me a collection that his brother had before he died.

I love looking through and seeing a lot of history in such a small space. With all the travels that just one stamp has almost makes me envious of the adventure.

I live on a small 2.5 acre smallholding that we grow vegetables and look after pigs, sheep, fowl and working on being as self-sufficient as we can in these hard times.

Steve Robinson likes this.
  2. Larry L. Taylor

Larry L. Taylor Active Member

. . . and to you too. Welcome to the forum.

Hope you're staying warmer than me. Minus 25 C this morning; might warm to minus 10C by mid-day if we're lucky. Too cold to snow.

Hmmm. Just ordered a few Irish stamps for my collection t'other day. The Irish postal authority is one of the few that doesn't seem to go 'postal' when it come to unending issuance of stamps on a yearly basis.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2014
  3. zararina

zararina Simply Me! :D

Welcome to the forum. :)
    Sounds like you have a really good life with a loving family, I really want to experience such kind of out of the city life someday. :D

4. Steve Robinson

Steve Robinson Well-Known Member Supporter

Welcome Andy, the Republic bring out some lovely stamps if you are that side of the country :)

5. palaniappan

palaniappan Member

Hello friend

If you want to exchange stamps , first day covers, used british india covers, mint stamps from India, please mail me at email id pulikesi_2@yahoo.com

warm wishes.

6. Tersuss

Tersuss Active Member

Welcome Andy nice to meet you, I also live in the Republic of Ireland and I found that some of the most beautiful stamps in the world are Irish and English, I have about 50 stamps myself from various decades all of them given to me by my father and grandfather.

Steve Robinson likes this.
  7. Hochstrasse

Hochstrasse Moderator Moderator

Welcome Andy, good to have you on the board. There's always something interesting and stimulating going on here. Glad to have another collector. I have a small worldwide collection with some Ireland and England in the mix, but I primarily collect U.S., Germany and modern China.

Draft saved Draft deleted