tomd's USA collection

Discussion in 'United States Stamps' started by Tom D, Feb 23, 2012.

1. Larry L. Taylor

Larry L. Taylor Active Member

Nada. I usually just throw them in the trash

2. Tom D

Tom D Well-Known Member

Thanks Larry, I am slow and with the weather getting warmer I will be out side more. I also am one of those collectors that just don't put stamps in albums. Cataloging some of my Australian stamps I learned a lot about stamps. where you have 3 stamps that look the same but are all different, with the only way to tell them apart is perforations and water marks. The King James V, are the worst. No offense to the King now, but the varities are enlightening. So I add more data to my cataloging, which makes it so going. After I get my stamps in my albums I am going to put out there my dups for any one who needs any for theres. I may have one you need. when I get all caught up I can buy some more lots, this time I will be going to Delcampe to try them out. So, I can get long winded at times, let me know what you need and I will see if I have any.

Your friend Tom

3. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

Your collection is really coming along nicely Tom! Well done. I don't think your long winded at all, in-fact I love a good read and good conversation. You need to scan more stamps for this thread though...:p

4. Tom D

Tom D Well-Known Member

Working on it. Today it is rainy and cold, Stamp weather not "honey do" weather.;)

5. kacyds

kacyds New Member

Better find a good hiding spot, so the honey dont find you.......lol

6. Tom D

Tom D Well-Known Member

Never happen:( all she has to say is LUNCH and there I am and BAM I am had.:(

7. kacyds

kacyds New Member

hahaha...... I understand, I always said " You can call me whatever you want, but dont call me late for dinner". lol

8. Tom D

Tom D Well-Known Member

It does not help when she is a great cook;)

kacyds likes this.
  9. Tom D

Tom D Well-Known Member

Hey do you know anything about Christmas seals?

10. kacyds

kacyds New Member

Sorry, Nothing at all.

11. Tom D

Tom D Well-Known Member

Thanks, if you hear, give a call

12. Tom D

Tom D Well-Known Member

13. Tom D

Tom D Well-Known Member

14. kacyds

kacyds New Member

hahaha......lucky you. Where did you get those from???

15. Tom D

Tom D Well-Known Member

16. kacyds

kacyds New Member

Are you buying most of your stamps from them???

17. Tom D

Tom D Well-Known Member

No.
    I am on my US comm.
    I am in that club thing, I get stamps, mounts, pages and the book. for the price of the stamps
    The duck stamps and the ones from Vietnam are ones they want me to start. I only bought 200 for $9.95 and decided to keep the rest they sent me and not join there monthly club. They sent me no other Russian stamps.
    As for the first day covers they want me to start. I will only keep the ones I have so I can say I have some. I will not be doing there club. They want me to spend a lot of money, I wont, only the ones I want.

18. Sam B

Sam B Active Member

I've always liked the Fins and Chrome series .... I don't collect FDCs but those are some I'd keep

Jay likes this.
  19. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

Agreed! I have the booklet but no FDC's though.

20. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

here is mine. There is another side but I didn't scan it as it's in a vario sheet.

[​IMG]

Sam B likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted