today's purchase

Discussion in 'United States Stamps' started by Larry L. Taylor, Feb 10, 2012.

1. Larry L. Taylor

Larry L. Taylor Active Member

OK, I guess we all get to brag a little on our purchases. Attended a stamp show in Salt Lake City, UT today and probably spent too much money, but I sure filled in a lot of gaps in my collection(s) and can now start pushing the 'envelope' of my collection in another direction. Now that my US airmails are complete (and mint) for all practical purposes, I can start focusing on obtaining the $1 thru $5 'Columbians" and US scott catalog #1 & #2.

View attachment 1798

All mint, never hinged. Finest set of well-centered Zep's I've ever seen ! And now they're mine ! ! !

steve logan and Philactica like this.
  2. Philactica

Philactica Active Member

Now THAT is a spectacular set to look upon, congratulations.

3. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

Nice Larry! Great centering too!

4. kacyds

kacyds New Member

Looks awesome Larry. Now Im jealous, thats the only 3 airmails that I am missing in my collection. :D

5. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

They look great don't they? I'm jealous now... lol

6. zararina

zararina Simply Me! :D

Wow congrats! Looks so fine. :)

7. steve logan

steve logan Logie Bear

WOW Larry, that is not bragging just an excelent find, and such beautiful stamps, now i need to ask what happened to your space fillers now you have the real thing.
    a great days shopping for you, i am looking forward to 2015 and grand rapids, managed to talk my mrs and daughter to a trip to florida, my daughter and granddaughter will hit disney, my wife wants the court house and she calls me sad, and i will will fly over to the 2015 stamp fair lol, and have a few credit cards with me when i get there:)

kacyds likes this.
  8. kacyds

kacyds New Member

Do we know when in 2015 is this stamp show??? Hopefully not in the winter. lol :eek:

9. Darrin

Darrin Active Member

Gorgeous set of stamps!

10. Darrin

Darrin Active Member

StampShow 2015
    Aug. 20-23,
    Grand Rapids, MI

Kris, this is one of the APS StampShows which will take place on the above date here in my hometown. I am Assistant Director of Catering at the hotel next to the facility where this show is at, DeVos Place. I and my colleagues handle all of the food and beverage services for this facility as well as event planning at our hotel.

11. kacyds

kacyds New Member

Great, Thanks for the info. Now I can plan.

Draft saved Draft deleted