Third Reich stamps today.

Discussion in 'World Stamps' started by Jay, May 11, 2012.

1. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

OK Thank you Mr. Larry Taylor for the German Third Reich Hitler head stamps! I'm really into both of the world wars (not so much "the fuhrer" though :eek: ) It makes the reality of WWII come to life holding these in my hands. Fantastic, albeit scary stuff Larry! Thank you. I'm tired now but will scan them tomorrow for you to see.

2. kacyds

kacyds New Member

Oh you tease us, then you hold out. We WANT the scans NOW........j/k :p

3. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

hold on....lol

4. kacyds

kacyds New Member

Coffee in hand and waiting..........

5. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

here is a few elephants to keep you occupied until I get Hitler scanned (I found rummaging through some World-Wide stuff).

[​IMG]

Sam B, Irene Tingson and Tom D like this.
  6. kacyds

kacyds New Member

Nice, I have the one in the middle from Laos. Is Hitler riding the one on the right???? lol

7. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Look at the numeral "8" on the left. Printing error.
    [​IMG]

Irene Tingson and Tom D like this.
  8. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

That error stamp was already mine. I got it from Bionicbelly's stuff that time. Thanks David!

I still need to hook up Larry T. for the Third Reich stamps but unsure what as of yet. I have an assortment of modern stuff that might be fun for him to flyspeck ans sort. I'll send it to him anyways just as a thank you. I really don't have many dupes simply because I bought every single stamp in my collection and didn't ever buy big lots to sort through. I feel bad because I love these so and want to do him right.

9. Tom D

Tom D Well-Known Member

Jay I agree with you statement "
    German Third Reich Hitler head stamps! I'm really into both of the world wars (not so much "the fuhrer" though
    :eek:
    ) It makes the reality of WWII come to life holding these in my hands." Also the US Over Run Nations Series also brings the hard ship of WARS to light. Great looking stamps my friend.;)

10. Tom D

Tom D Well-Known Member

YA Jay, Larry is one great guy, I do agree.

Jay likes this.
  11. kacyds

kacyds New Member

Nice looking stamps, Jay. Also thanks for the history lesson. I had to google "the fuhrer". Never heard that before, but now I know. lol

Jay likes this.
  12. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

Did you notice the white spot in the cuticle of the 8? must have been some debris on the die when it was printed.

13. kacyds

kacyds New Member

Yes I did see it, gotta love those EFO's.... lol

14. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

It's a shame the second perf in from left is buggered up but I straightened it out in the binder though. looks much better.

15. kacyds

kacyds New Member

Did you lick it, and flatten it out......:eek:

16. Larry L. Taylor

Larry L. Taylor Active Member

Y'all are too kind - just one collector helping another.

Sam B and kacyds like this.
  17. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

Thank you Larry!

18. Darrin

Darrin Active Member

That is pretty cool. Michel Germany Specialized lists only one variety of the 8pf on laid paper. The Michel catalogs tend to be really detailed and I was surprised not to find this. Pretty cool!

19. Steve Robinson

Steve Robinson Well-Known Member Supporter

The 1st 2nd & 3rd line of stamps are not 3rd Reich some are pre 1933 and others after :) Watch out for the Hindenburgh issues they come in 2 diffrent watermarks the Hitler era have Swaztika watermarks

20. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

That's awesome! (sort of from a historic standpoint). I was actually looking to get some stamps bearing the swaztika to round off the page. That really will drive the point home I think. Then on to mess with my WWI stuff!

Steve Robinson likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted