Third Collection Ever (new to collecting)

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Nirvana90, Oct 15, 2011.

1. Nirvana90

Nirvana90 New Member

I used to collect stickers and then post cards when I was little. Now, I want to start a stamp collection. I'm doing it because I think stamps are generally an economical thing to be collecting and it's just nice to have collections!! Plus, I feel like stamps might not be here to stay; I rarely ever see them in day to day life.

I'm a 20 year old from Canada by the way.

Why do you collect and do you have any tips?

2. steve logan

steve logan Logie Bear

Welcome to the forum :)

we already have a discussion set up in one of the forums about why we collect stamps

Steve

3. kacyds

kacyds New Member

Welcome to our group. :cool:

4. swish513

swish513 Active Member

welcome!! and be sure to check this out. as steve said, it's already covered. feel free to add you thoughts!

http://www.stampexchange.com/threads/why-do-you-collect.44/

5. zararina

zararina Simply Me! :D

Welcome to stamp collecting and welcome to the forum! ;)
    Stamps are really worth keeping, good luck to your first stamp collecting adventure. :p

6. Steve Robinson

Steve Robinson Well-Known Member Supporter

Hi welcome to the forum :)

7. Alvin

Alvin Member

Hi, and welcome. I've got an offer that's better than economical. In the open forums there's a thread titled something like "offer to new collectors." I've got one more of the first ten groups of stamps mentioned there, and thanks to some support from other guys here on the forum, I'll be extending it even longer. Check out the post (I'll bump it) and then "conversation" me your address if you're interested.

Draft saved Draft deleted