The Nevada stamps have made it to my post office in Sterlington, LA

Discussion in 'United States Stamps' started by CalzoneManiac, Jun 25, 2014.

1. CalzoneManiac

CalzoneManiac Member

I went to the post office a few days ago to buy more stamps when I noticed the clerk had some of the new Nevada postage stamps available. I bought some and used them for postage.

Peter T Davis and Hochstrasse like this.
  2. zararina

zararina Simply Me! :D

I think the recipients will be happy with that.;)

3. Hochstrasse

Hochstrasse Moderator Moderator

We've had them here in California for a while. I'm surprised it took a month for your post office to get them, but then again the emphasis on getting all the new commemoratives out to all post offices has been flagging lately. Nice gesture to continue using them on correspondence. I have too much postage tied up in my accumulation to buy new commemoratives until I have used up what I have. I keep trying. ;)

4. Larry L. Taylor

Larry L. Taylor Active Member

I'm pretty much in the same boat. Can't use my old excess postage as fast as I accumulate the 'new stuff'. At least I don't buy 3 or four sheets of the new issues at a time anymore, unless they're really unique of are thematic. I might buy two sheets if I need a single, a plate block, or it's a se-tenant issue that might require a single, a plate block (if there is one), and an 'agglomeration' of joined stamps.

I just haven't figured how or what Harris & Co are gonna make me 'collect' until each new supplement gets issued.

I am now getting to use some of the se-tenant blocks of four in the 6 and 8 cent varieties to fill spaces in my US used collection.

Hochstrasse likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted