The Amazing Spider-Man 2 USPS Electronic Label

Discussion in 'United States Stamps' started by CalzoneManiac, May 8, 2014.

?

Do you think that honoring new movies with electronic postage labels is a good idea?

Poll closed May 22, 2014.
  1. Yes

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. CalzoneManiac

CalzoneManiac Member

Lately I saw one envelope sent to me with one of the USPS' new forever labels for the movie "The Amazing Spider-Man 2". Do you think that promoting a new movie on an electronic label is a good idea, especially considering that most of the younger generation (who would most likely watch the movie) can send an email or tweet in a nanosecond?

2. Hochstrasse

Hochstrasse Moderator Moderator

I'm not certain of the marketing details, but if Sony is footing some of the bill for Priority Mail advertising I'm all for it. The USPS is drowning in red ink and can use all the financial support it can get. You are probably correct about the minimal influence on young people who probably have never mailed a letter in their life. :)

3. derailed

derailed Active Member

Well, in my country, we still use these. It's not such a bad idea. Also, it'a a collectible thing, so I guess it would be a treasure!

No, really, it's a got opportunity to make kids more interested in old stuff.

4. zararina

zararina Simply Me! :D

Maybe younger people will become interested on collecting such stamps especially if they really like the movie. So I think it was just okay.

5. CrystalMarie

CrystalMarie Member

I think it is a good marketing idea. Any advertisement is good advertisement but it does take away from the authentic stamps. Maybe they are trying to get all types of people to be interested in the movie. I think it is fine since Spider Man might become a legendary movie in the future.

Draft saved Draft deleted