The Amateur Philatelist

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Manish Mohan, Jul 19, 2016.

1. Manish Mohan

Manish Mohan New Member

I consider myself an amateur philatelist. I was collecting stamps when I was very young and am now coming out of hibernation and restarting my hobby. I collect India, Machins, Australia, Great Britain and a few other countries. I also collect FDCs and postal stationery. Currently my interest is in completing my India post independence and basic machins.

I usually share my stories on my blog The Amateur Philatelist and share my pics on other social media forums like Instagram (@theamateurphilatelist) and Twitter (@amateurstamps). Hoping to connect with like-minded people here and perhaps even find some interesting stamp exchanges, as the name suggests :).

ram and Molokai like this.
  2. Molokai

Molokai Moderator Moderator

Hi, Manish!

Very nice website. Cool feature on removing stamps! I mostly just collect USA and a little Newfoundland. But all collecting is interesting; always something new to learn.

3. Manish Mohan

Manish Mohan New Member

Thank you for your kind words Molokai :happy:

4. ram

ram Member

hello Manish, welcome to the forum

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

5. Manish Mohan

Manish Mohan New Member

Thanks Ram :)

6. James-2489

James-2489 Well-Known Member

Hello Manish, first welcome to the forum. I am impressed with your website blogs, I hope to see more. I am currently in the UK and will keep an eye open for Machins if you are interested? Possibly we can make an exchange?

Regards, James.

7. Manish Mohan

Manish Mohan New Member

Thanks James, appreciate your kind words. I would love to exchange with you. I have a lot of Australian stamps on paper available if you are interested. My machin album pages of high value, security features, double-heads, NVI and Regionals are almost completely empty so it would be great to get my hands on those. Let me know what interests you.

8. SATX Collector

SATX Collector Remember the Alamo!

Welcome to the forums, Manish! I will also be very interested in your blogs... these forums are probably as close as I will get to starting one. As is often said: "my time is not my own" but I am trying to turn that around as well...:joyful:

9. Manish Mohan

Manish Mohan New Member

I have always believed that a thousand mile journey begins with a single step... let me know if I can be of any help in supporting you to take that first step towards blogging. I have helped a few colleagues at work take the plunge and it's very gratifying :)

10. Harry Golightly

Harry Golightly NonHinged

Hi Manish,
    Enjoyed your Blog as well, specially your taste in Single Malt. Can't beat Glenmoangie. At least for my taste. (Having a wee dram as I type this out)
    Bottoms Up!
    HGG

11. Manish Mohan

Manish Mohan New Member

Thanks HCG, cheers to that!:joyful:

Draft saved Draft deleted