Steve's USA Collection

Discussion in 'United States Stamps' started by steve logan, Aug 20, 2011.

1. kacyds

kacyds New Member

Are you collecting the Back of Book stamps, too. The airmails, special delivery, postage dues, etc. ?

2. steve logan

steve logan Logie Bear

i don't, i have a few GB booklets here but i do not bother with them, sometimes i will take a stamp out just to make up a set of watermark sideways lol
    not good for a collector, but with 300,00+ stamps, i have enought to do sorting them lol
    i am just doing Isle of Man, if anyone is interested in the duplicates?

3. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

It's not bad for them really. Most folk don't use albums and only use stockbooks but I see your point. I guess the main factir would be what it's made of eg: archival acid free paper or mylar is fine but the cheaper ones could cause rust or discoloration if stored indefinitely I'm guessing.

4. steve logan

steve logan Logie Bear

and some actually tear the stamp while trying to resort after getting new ones, the albums i use once they are in you never have to move them, and it also let you see instantly which stamps you are missing without having to refer to a catalogue

although like i have said in previous mails that site where you have yours catalogued is very impressive

5. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

Yes I guess you make a good point. I too have torn stamps even with the so-called safety pages.
    I too am looking to go the way of an actual album but I'm wanting to do my own write-ups.

6. steve logan

steve logan Logie Bear

these albums you can edit, i have on a few added exra's like watermark inverted and SG numbers

7. kacyds

kacyds New Member

Thats good to know.

8. steve logan

steve logan Logie Bear

Part 4
    well i have been busy once my new mounts arrived filling in more pages of my USA collection.
    i am a little disapointed that i have never bothered with blocks, i have always gone for the single stamp, and i have (sorry to those who collect blocks) in the past seperated blocks so i have the singles in the collection.
    but now while filling in the album pages i have come across them, and some are very beautiful, and so now i am wishing i had kept them, so i am now on the lookout for blocks used and mint to help me finish my collection, as i have a lot of empty and half filled pages.
    Slight mix up with My little granddaughter here so i have to rescan to keep them in chronological order, thank you Rhainnon lol
    View attachment 622 View attachment 623 View attachment 624 View attachment 625 View attachment 626 View attachment 627 View attachment 628 View attachment 629 View attachment 630 View attachment 631

9. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

Look on eBay as you can find big lots of 1940's to present blocks for a song! like 5.00 for 20 of em I just seen the other day!

10. steve logan

steve logan Logie Bear

Thank you i will be keeping my eyes open, but i am sure i will have things i can trade for them as well ;)

11. steve logan

steve logan Logie Bear

12. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

Nice! Thank you for posting your hard work!

13. steve logan

steve logan Logie Bear

LOL I have just figured out what you meant, took me a while and a look at my Scotts PDF file, to learn the Airmail issues are at the back of the book, in stanley gibbons they just run along side the other stamps in year order, so yes i do collect back of book stamps, and i will be posting my collection a bit6 later after i finish with the normal postage

14. steve logan

steve logan Logie Bear

15. kacyds

kacyds New Member

lol :D

16. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted