Steve's USA Collection

Discussion in 'United States Stamps' started by steve logan, Aug 20, 2011.

1. steve logan

steve logan Logie Bear

This will be quite long as i progress through my new album sheets and attach the stamps in the clear mounts.
    To start with i will only be doing the used, as i have 1400+ of these compared to 48 mint stamps I possess lol
    My own wants can be determined by checking i page i load up, if there is a watermark of FTE on the stamp, this means i do not have yet as this is the stamp printed on the album page, and I would love to hear from people who have duplicates of this kind of stamp.
    The album pages are from FTE stamps, they arrive on disc and you can print off the pages you want, or if you have a full collection you can print off all, these albums are updated every year for free after you have purchased the disc.
    To see samples of all their albums at the following link http://www.fte-shop.co.uk/download/sample.html
    I print off 2 of each page, one for Mint the other for used, as I do not like putting 2 stamps in 1 mount, which is all you can do with the more expensive albums out there.
    I did not realise i had so many of the earlier ones missing lol
    Please enjoy yourselves looking at My USA collection
    View attachment 299 View attachment 300 View attachment 301 View attachment 302 View attachment 303 View attachment 304 View attachment 305 View attachment 306 View attachment 307 View attachment 308

2. steve logan

steve logan Logie Bear

3. kacyds

kacyds New Member

Very nice start. When I get time, I will go through my duplications and see if i can help you out any. lol

4. steve logan

steve logan Logie Bear

Many thanks

i did not realise i was so many of the earlier ones missing till i started putting them in the album lol

5. kacyds

kacyds New Member

Have you heard back about the albums. Would like to order from the site that you posted, but its hard to order something thats not listed. lol :eek:

6. steve logan

steve logan Logie Bear

7. steve logan

steve logan Logie Bear

if you mention my name you might get a discount lol, can not promise though

8. kacyds

kacyds New Member

Thanks Steve, I will go check it out.

9. kacyds

kacyds New Member

What kind of paper do you print on? Is it heavy paper like card stock? Is it acid free?

10. steve logan

steve logan Logie Bear

I use 120-140gm instant dry photo matte paper, i get them 400 sheets for £10

11. kacyds

kacyds New Member

12. steve logan

steve logan Logie Bear

Jay likes this.
  13. steve logan

steve logan Logie Bear

How did you get on with albums?

14. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

I like those pages a lot! I'm thinking that's the route I need to be going as I'm currently using the Vario black stockpages. They work great for my need as of current but I like the no nonsense look of a well thought out album page. Thank you for showing them!

15. steve logan

steve logan Logie Bear

the allbums i use are very cheap for what they are, i buy them from a company here in the UK called FTE stamps, their sample page and ordering details are on the link below, please mention my name if you contact them, i like to get a few freebies from them lol
    http://www.fte-shop.co.uk/download/sample.html

16. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

Why thank you Steve! I'll check it out now.

17. kacyds

kacyds New Member

Steve, you starting to sound like a spokes person for the company.... lol

18. steve logan

steve logan Logie Bear

i know, but it boils down to how much i was ripped of by the company who sold my wife the DAVO album for New Zealand, so much money and it is total crap (excuse me)lol, and i do not want to see anyone else take the same road?

i did try making the type i now use, a few years ago, managed to get GB albums done, but they took me too long and were no where near as good as his.

19. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

Oh and Steve, Your collection is awesome! Thank you.

20. steve logan

steve logan Logie Bear

That is only the first 30 pages i have at least another 100 pages to fill yet once i get more clear mounts on my USA collection :)

then i have to start on the rest, as i have been storing them in stock books, but i do not think that is good for them for long periods of time

Draft saved Draft deleted