Stamps that your friends would die for

Discussion in 'Stamp Chat' started by tasha, Feb 19, 2016.

1. tasha

tasha Active Member

I am not sure if we have any of those, friends that is that would die for our stamp collection. I have shown a few of my friends the collection and they all say wow but they don't understand why I collect stamps and yet when they need info on something I am the one that they call. They have often told me that they would love to do that but don't have the patience and some of them tell me I am a nerd but I love my collection and there are a few in between that people would die for as stamp collectors and if my friends new that the one in the box is rare they might want to borrow it for a few days. Do your friends like your collection?

SATX Collector and Hochstrasse like this.
  2. zararina

zararina Simply Me! :D

My friends would usually say that it was a nice collection and move on to another topic. :D

SATX Collector and Hochstrasse like this.
  3. Hochstrasse

Hochstrasse Moderator Moderator

When I show my collection to friends that aren't collectors they sort of indulge me to be polite. When I show my collection to an actual collector they show genuine interest. Obviously stamps that are scarce every collector would like to own, but I doubt it rises to envy.

4. zararina

Right that fellow collectors can only show genuine interest on it and they will enjoy the conversation about it. :)

5. tasha

tasha Active Member

It really bores a lot of my friends and they have no interest in my collection but one of friends collected butterflies at some stage and that became a little weird and since they seem to be disappearing it was a tasteless collection but nobody says anything.

6. SATX Collector

SATX Collector Remember the Alamo!

I have been fortunate in this respect: my friends, once they know I collect stamps, bend over backwards to save them for me as well. I have bought many mint stamps from friends that knew I would enjoy them... I reciprocate by 'filling in' some object of THEIR collecting interests.

I also get a lot of historical items from them as well: envelopes and postcards from decades gone that no longer mean anything to them, but create all kinds of interest and 'trading materials' within my own groupings.

James-2489 likes this.
  7. swalia

swalia Member

I don't have any friend who is into stamp collection. Though they admire my collection but they don't understand why someone collects stamps. My father used to be a stamp collector and he was the one who encouraged me to take up this hobby.

SATX Collector likes this.
  8. tasha

tasha Active Member

that is great! I have a few friends that will do this for me but most of them have no interest in this interest and they find it rather boring so luckily for me I get to share it with the people I love

9. SATX Collector

And I think this forum is the 'family' that most of us didn't know existed until today!!! Friends as well... I have had a lot of private conversations with a number of folks here.

zararina likes this.
  10. zararina

That is right. At least I can say that I have "friends" online who are interested about stamp discussions. :D

SATX Collector likes this.
  11. SATX Collector

Many MANY of us...!!!:joyful::happy::D:smuggrin::rolleyes::headphone::cat:

zararina likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted