Stamps from Germany up 1945 wanted

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by William Teague, Apr 13, 2015.

1. William Teague

William Teague New Member

I became interested in stamp collecting in 1986 and bought most of my German and other European countries at auctions in Holland, along with more used stamp from the USA and around the world. I love the beauty of so many stamps, but my main interest is Germany up to the end of the Second World War.

Now that I am retired, with more time on my hands than any man should have, I am opening up my collection which has been untouched since 1986.

I have thousands of used stamps and new, from all over Europe and America.
    I also have more than 60 mint sheets of US stamps from 58 to 59, when our postage rate was 3 and 4 cents. I would trade these for Germany Third Reich or other quality German stamps up to 1945.

2. SATX Collector

SATX Collector Remember the Alamo!

Hello William... welcome to the Forums.

I have some small holdings in Germany about that time period that I will look through... I am not making that topical a priority right now and if someone else is, I can be persuaded (VERY easily) to trade for 'otherware' that others might have.

Will connect again in the near future...

3. zararina

zararina Simply Me! :D

Welcome to the forum William. :)
    Good to know you are back with your collection.

4. William Teague

Thank you for your willingness to trade or help me obtain some German stamps. Please remind me again what you are interested in and I will look through vast boxes of stamps.

5. Larry L. Taylor

Larry L. Taylor Active Member

Welcome to the forum.

So, are you looking for a select few stamps to fill blanks are you seeking large quantity to establish a credible collection of early Germany? If the latter is the case, and you want to PM me with your e-mail address, I can send you two or three (or four) jpg's of my early Germany stock sheets and see if I have anything that might help your collection.

6. William Teague

Larry. Thank you for contacting me. I am a novice collector who has been fortunate to obtain thousands of stamps from all over the world. My interest is primarily early Germany, her states/colonies, occupied territories, the Third Reich, the hyper inflation period of 1918 to about 1920, and all stamps up to the end of the second World war. I am looking at quantity to fill large gaps in many books I bought at auction. I doubt I have anything of high value more than a few dollars, but that is OK. I just like the history and beauty of the stamps. In turn, I can give you mostly used stamps from all over Europe and the US. I quit collecting in 86, nd am just now getting my books dusted off and have bought a desk for some serious sorting and pricing. Please let me know your interest and I will see what I can come up with. since most of my stamps probably are valued at minimum of about 20 cents Us currency, I would offer an exchange of one for one unlesss you have something more valuable to trade. Please keep in touch. I am eager to do some swapping with you. best regards

7. Gunny

Gunny Retired Jarhead Moderator

Welcome to the forums. Looks like you're getting involved right away, which is great. I don't have any early German holdings so can't help you out. Enjoy your time here.

8. Larry L. Taylor

Larry L. Taylor Active Member

I you would be so kind as to provide with your e-mail address (thru private message option?), I'll make a few JPG files to send to you of what I have that may be of interest to you.

Draft saved Draft deleted