Stamp release dates

Discussion in 'Stamp Chat' started by RichardBabcock, Sep 12, 2021 at 1:44 PM.

1. RichardBabcock

RichardBabcock Well-Known Member

Does anyone have a list of stamp release dates for U.S. cities?

2. Hochstrasse

Hochstrasse Moderator Moderator

Hi Richard,
    Outside of the Scott Catalog's first day city/cities designation and date listing there is no other easy way to find out that information. There is now a digital archive of all Postal Bulletins from 1880 to 1971 where those sorts of announcements where made. It takes a while to get the hang of the search function. The individual bulletins take a while to load, but perhaps you will find it useful for searching individual stamp issues. Unfortunately it wasn't until "circa 1925, first-day information and stamp descriptions became available."
    http://www.uspostalbulletins.com/Home.aspx

Last edited: Sep 12, 2021 at 8:45 PM
  3. RichardBabcock

RichardBabcock Well-Known Member

thank you

4. Bj Slusarczyk

Bj Slusarczyk New Member

Here's a copy of Linn's U.S. Stamp Program through the end of the year. linns.jpg linns.jpg

DonSellos likes this.
  5. Hochstrasse

Hochstrasse Moderator Moderator

Hi Richard,
    Here's an after thought about release information about first day cities and dates. The AFDCS specializes in FDC's perhaps they can be of help to you. There are many of their handbooks available for loan at philatelic libraries. My knowledge of the availability of literature is practically nil, but I'm sure someone has written about the subject. A check of literature should be in order.
    https://www.afdcs.org/

Draft saved Draft deleted