Stamp Exchange Daily??

Discussion in 'Stamp Chat' started by DonSellos, Dec 12, 2014.

1. DonSellos

DonSellos Moderator Moderator

Question for Peter:

Peter, what is that black box entitled Stamp Exchange Daily that appears every time I connect to Stamp Exchange? It asks if I want to subscribe to a newsletter by furnishing my email address? Do others on the Exchange receive it? How can I get rid of it?

Thanks.

Don

2. DonSellos

By whatever means, it did not appear today. Thanks, Peter..

Don

3. zararina

zararina Simply Me! :D

Maybe it is for those who like to subscribed and then will receive daily updates or posts about the site.IMO :)

4. DonSellos

Zararina:

Does it, or did it appear on your initial page when connecting to Stamp Exchange?

Anyone else get the Stamp Exchange Daily black box? Anyone subscribe? If I knew what it was and who it came from I might subscribe.

Don

5. Peter T Davis

Peter T Davis Administrator Moderator

I've been testing out different email delivery systems. One through Feedburner that goes out in the morning, and one through Mailchimp that goes out in the afternoon. Those are in addition to the emails that are built into the forum software.

Here's a link to subscribe to the morning one delivered by Feedburner.
    https://feedburner.google.com/fb/a/mailverify?uri=StampExchangeUpdate&loc=en_US

Here's the afternoon one delivered by Mailchimp
    http://eepurl.com/hLKqQ

They each have a slightly different format, but are intended to serve a similar goal. What I'm wanting to accomplish here is to find new ways to keep members engaged, so the hope is that by delivering emails with the new posts then people will click on those links and join into the discussions.

Some days we might have a bunch of new threads and posts, and the email will include a number of links. Some days there are just one or two. Occasionally there will not be any. If there's nothing to populate the email, the email won't go out. But, the two different systems have different ways of deciding what populates the email, so you may want to sign up for both, and see if you have a preference for one over the other and drop the one that you don't like as much. Or keep them both, whatever works best for you.

zararina likes this.
  6. DonSellos

Thanks for the explanation Peter.

Don

7. DonSellos

Oh no! It's back today! Is there no getting rid of the black box other than subscribing to it?

Don

8. Peter T Davis

Peter T Davis Administrator Moderator

Logging in gets rid of it. Click on the X to get rid of it.

9. palaniappan

palaniappan Member

The black box is good, innovation is good to improve the website hits. I appreciate the efforts of peter for innovation. Thanks

personally i click the x to get rid of the black box, but in the future, may be i will try to subscribe the news letter

warm wishes.

10. DonSellos

Yes, which I have been doing for much longer than I have wanted. It's annoying, a little like the automated telephone messages that tell me to press 1 for English.

How about adding an option to the box "No, do not ask me again?"

Don

Draft saved Draft deleted