Stamp Dealer Covers

Discussion in 'United States Stamps' started by Molokai, Nov 6, 2017.

1. RICHARD Babcock

RICHARD Babcock Active Member

2. RICHARD Babcock

3. RICHARD Babcock

4. RICHARD Babcock

5. RICHARD Babcock

6. RICHARD Babcock

7. RICHARD Babcock

8. RICHARD Babcock

9. RICHARD Babcock

10. RICHARD Babcock

11. DonSellos

DonSellos Moderator Moderator

I recently bought a small lot of stamp collecting publication covers. Here is one of them. The cancel is not very clear, but it was posted in February, 1905, an early item for this category of covers. There is a Woodstock receiving cancel on the reverse dated February 17, 1905. Interesting, too, that it is addressed to a women in Canada. I have never seen a copy of Stamp-Lovers Weekly, but would like to.

The American Philatelic Research Library has a complete run. It lasted only three years, 1904 -1906. It was also titled Stamp-Lovers Weekly and Morrison's Weekly Stamp Collector. The publication was the official house organ of the Chicago Philatelic Society and the Philadelphia Philatelic Society, an unusual partnership giving the distance between the two clubs. The paper ceased publication May 5, 1906.

Don

b110.jpg

Molokai likes this.
  12. Molokai

Molokai Moderator Moderator

Nice! Please post more of them! There must have been dozens and dozens of Stamp-Lovers Weekly publications - philatelic periodicals which lasted only a few years - or a few issues!

13. DonSellos

Thanks, Molokai. I've been collecting these for quite awhile and I'll post others from time to time. I should have started a separate thread for these philatelic publications covers. I guess as a moderator I could move those posted in the past to a new thread. Might try it and see how easy or difficult it is to do.

Don

14. RICHARD Babcock

phil1.jpg Just received these in the mail from Paris. Its the first time i have heard of them. Not sure how they know i collect stamp.

Molokai and DonSellos like this.
  15. RICHARD Babcock

16. Molokai

The word is out <Richard>! You can run but you can't hide. You've been branded as - gasp - a philatelist!

17. RICHARD Babcock

18. RICHARD Babcock

19. Molokai

Did not have a Martin Band in my Nassau Street collection. Actually, had not heard of him. Anyone with more information? Postmark is 1956.

SDC-MartinBand-1.jpg

DonSellos likes this.
  20. DonSellos

No info on Martin Band other than he is on the ASDA's list of Nassau St. dealers. I don't remember ever seeing one of his ads either. Might be a scarcer NSD's cover -- good find!

Don

Draft saved Draft deleted