Stamp Collecting Instagram accounts

Discussion in 'Stamp Chat' started by amelia88, May 22, 2016.

1. amelia88

amelia88 Member

I was happy to find this Instagram account a little while ago - I think it helps bring stamp collecting into a modern time!

www.instagram.com/graphilately/

Does anyone else have Instagram and know of any other fun stamp collecting accounts that might exist? :) I'd love to know about them so I can follow along if you do!

SATX Collector likes this.
  2. DonSellos

DonSellos Moderator Moderator

Amelia:

I'm not quite sure what the objective is of that site. The images are great, but it looks like a random posting of stamp images from different countries. Is there an order to it that I am missing?

Don

3. amelia88

amelia88 Member

Instagram is a social media site that's popular with people I know - especially the generation X & Y crowd, I would say. It's a way of sharing pictures that are of interest to people. Most people will have their own Instagram accounts, where they will share pictures of what is going on in their lives, but often businesses will have them too, or places that seem to cultivate hobbies. I follow that one about stamps, and I follow a few foodie related ones for recipe inspiration - I think more than anything a lot of the time it's an artistic pursuit, to take pictures of things that are beautiful and share them!

DonSellos likes this.
  4. SATX Collector

SATX Collector Remember the Alamo!

Pretty cool site, but I don't do Instagram or Facebook so I will have to pass.

5. DonSellos

DonSellos Moderator Moderator

Thanks, Amelia, for the explanation. I learned something new today! The multitudinous specialized sites on the Internet continue to amaze me. I can barely keep up with the half dozen forums that I visit regularly.

Don

Draft saved Draft deleted