stamp auctions

Discussion in 'Stamp Chat' started by tasha, Feb 18, 2016.

1. tasha

tasha Active Member

If you love collecting stamps and have no idea where to start or hoe to get them then you might want to try a stamp auction where you can look at online catalogues and select the ones that catch your eye.
    Here is a link to one that I found interesting:
    http://stampauctionnetwork.com/auctions.cfmI think someone did post this a few months back but looking through the entire site is rather interesting if you have some time to spare.

Hochstrasse likes this.
  2. zararina

zararina Simply Me! :D

Will try to check that out, thanks. :)
    I am not currently looking for a particular stamp but it will be nice to browse some stamps and just enjoy looking. :)

Hochstrasse likes this.
  3. Hochstrasse

Hochstrasse Moderator Moderator

The link didn't work, but when I backspaced the auctions.cfml away I got it. I have done business with some of the companies listed. It is a good way to acquire some stamps that are of middle or higher value.

zararina likes this.
  4. tasha

tasha Active Member

yes Zarina that is how I got to see them and it took me all day to go through some of them but it was rather interesting to have a look at.

5. tasha

tasha Active Member

I must say that there were a great deal that I could buy so the site for mw could be a little dangerous on my credit card but I do love looking at them and might put it on my wish list

SATX Collector and Hochstrasse like this.
  6. zararina

zararina Simply Me! :D

Yes, especially if you have lots of time to spend for the collection. :)

7. James-2489

James-2489 Well-Known Member

Hello all, when I clicked on the link I got a file 404 error, you need to remove the final letter "I" from the link for it to work.

http://stampauctionnetwork.com/auctions.cfm

Interesting site.
    Regards, James.

8. tasha

tasha Active Member

Thank you James, yes it is a good site and there are a few more but I have not been through them all yet still busy looking at them to see if they are any good.

9. SATX Collector

SATX Collector Remember the Alamo!

Been away for awhile... knew ahead of time that end of January and throughout February would be bad for me. One of my senior engineers asked me how I could sleep at night with all the activity... we have worked 13-hour days for 40+ straight days. But a LOT of good work accomplished also.

Went to the site and thanks Tasha for providing it... I too have a problem keeping my credit card in hiding when I "go shopping". I haven't visited one of my favorite sellers in the last couple of months and I cringe when I think what I spent today... all that pent up "buying energy" just let loose and I went a little nuts...!!! But I still got a lot of 20% of CV bargains, so it will only hurt for a little while...:shame:

Update:

I decided to add that my PayPal is tied to my personal draft account so I can't spend more than I have... I don't really use credit cards for purchases. That being said, it will be a 'lean' month until my paycheck catches up to my buys...:wacky:

10. tasha

tasha Active Member

that sounds like a very busy job! Nice that you spending on things that you like but yes not so nice when it comes to the bank account.

11. SATX Collector

Yes, very busy at this time of the business.

We are new, and we are transferring a LOT of business from our China facility to the Mexico facility... one can appreciate the issues. Translating from Chinese to Chinese-English, then to American English so that the Mexican engineers can understand and then from American English to Mexican Spanish... and yes, every state in Mexico speaks differently.

I am about 60% bilingual, but am not afraid of saying something wrong. That encourages some of my Mexican workers to speak to me in halting English, thus helping the flow of information.

Having quite a bit of fun pulling all of this together... and it looks REAL good on a resume...!!!!!:happy:

zararina and James-2489 like this.
  12. tasha

tasha Active Member

Sounds impressive and it sounds like you are happy which is a good thing because most people working are miserable with what they do.

SATX Collector likes this.
  13. SATX Collector

Would like to start traveling now that my wife and I are pretty much able to do so. South Africa is one place I want to go... have heard/read so much about it.

Draft saved Draft deleted