Stamp Albums on eBay

Discussion in 'Auction Listings' started by Sam B, Oct 1, 2011.

1. Sam B

Sam B Active Member

I saw an auction on eBay earlier that was a pretty good price. It was a Soviet Union and a Vietnam album priced at $25 for both...that was with shipping. They were new from Mystic and illustrated pages. I'm sure if you are interested you could do a search in the albums section.

2. kacyds

kacyds New Member

3. Sam B

Sam B Active Member

North Korea!!!! not Vietnam.....:oops:thanks for the correction

4. kacyds

kacyds New Member

No problem, Sam :cool:

5. Darrin

Darrin Active Member

6. kacyds

kacyds New Member

Have seen his site many times, have thought about buying a country or two. Some of the countrys have over 1100 pages. Can you imagine printing all of those. Dont know if it would be cost affective to do it that way. Just my opinion. lol :eek:

7. Darrin

Darrin Active Member

Agreed, and that is what has held me back. The North Korea has tempted me, however, because even though I actively collect South Korea, I seem to have a lot of people over the last couple of years that have given me their North Korea as well. I always got the impression they were happy to unload it on me...

8. kacyds

kacyds New Member

lol, I just sent him a message, wondering if he had the Canada color pages. Some reason, I want my albums with pictures, although I would probably not print it in color, just black and white.

9. kacyds

kacyds New Member

Well I went ahead and purchased the Christmas Island pages. They dont have illustrations on the pages but for $17 what do you want. lol Its only 77 pages, so I wont have to print that much. The only thing I would like to do is put the Scott #'s and page #'s on the bottom of each page, but I cannot edit the PDF file. If anyone know how to do that, please let me know, thanks.

10. desertgem

desertgem Active Member

Here is an online conversion source. One can also buy it for use on their computer. It converts the PDF into word, which you can alter and export into PDF. I use Open Office instead of the MS suite, and haven't had the need to alter a PDF, but I will experiment sometime and try it.

http://www.pdfonline.com/pdf-to-word-converter/

Jim

11. kacyds

kacyds New Member

Thanks Jim, I will give it a try. Its no big deal, but I would like to number the pages and put the Scott# under the stamps.

12. Darrin

Darrin Active Member

Kris,
    I wondered if you have seen the website below? www.adminware.ca is a pretty cool site for stamps from Canada. Pretty specialized and they also have album pages based on their specialized definitive books.
    http://www.adminware.ca/phil_bk.htm
    http://www.adminware.ca/books/album_pages.htm

I had found this website several years ago and it is what sparked my interest in Machins and FOP definitives. What I hadn't realized until later is they make color album pages for Machins. You can decide how specialized you want to get as well. Later I regretted buying the Scott Machin album pages when I found these.

13. kacyds

kacyds New Member

Thanks for the info, I will check it out.

14. cbi2015

cbi2015 New Member

Robin Harris has done a fine job on the machin albums, and priced right . they cover normal machins, but not errors or deegam level 3 varieties ...

Draft saved Draft deleted