south african stamps

Discussion in 'World Stamps' started by tasha, Feb 3, 2016.

1. tasha

tasha Active Member

I found that stamp or postal marketing could do with a revamp but in saying that revamping here would be helpful if parcels and mail did not get lost or disappear. I thought people were exaggerating but it is true my brother has ordered two parcels from the states and neither of them were received by him, lost in the post!

2. zararina

zararina Simply Me! :D

Year 2014 as far as I can remember, there were 3 mails that did not reached me. Those mails were from members here who sent me some mails with stamps. Lost mail is a real thing here as well. :p

3. SATX Collector

SATX Collector Remember the Alamo!

Here in the US it is a federal crime to tamper with mails... is there any deterrent in either of your countries?

Secondly: if one were to make a post "fool-proof" how do you do it? Private courier, private international freight (like DHL or FedEx): what solutions do you have?

4. James-2489

James-2489 Well-Known Member

I too have personal and family having problems with "lost mail". In the UK it tends to be near Christmas, the post office hires thousands? of temporary staff to deal with the rush. We've had dozens of Christmas cards with a razor slit at the bottom of the envelope. Looking for enclosed money from grandma to the kids. If you challenge the PO they say it's the automatic sorting machines, absolute rubbish! the machines do not do it at other times through the year. It's only christmas cards, none of the junk mail or business mail is ever affected.

Here in Thailand, to the best of my knowlege no national mail has been lost. Foreign mail is a different matter, 1 item from China lost, 1 opened but delivered, 2 letters from South Africa (stamps) lost and 2 from the USA (stamps) lost. There's no way of knowing where they were lost.

Regards, James.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2016
  5. SATX Collector

SATX Collector Remember the Alamo!

Seen that before too... if I ever have to open one before I send it, I always put the notice "opened and resealed by Sender" before I post. That way people know it was me that did it.

I think I mentioned in these forums that I have had postal materials delivered with NO STAMPS AT ALL! A couple of my 'sellers' send dated postage on the outside for the cancelled covers... some of the stamps never make it!:oops:

James-2489 likes this.
  6. tasha

tasha Active Member

I think it happens everywhere at some stage as it must be difficult to get mail and parcels to the right person all the time but for once it would be nice to get the package that has been paid for and so excited to receive.

Draft saved Draft deleted