Some oldies in My Collection

Discussion in 'United States Stamps' started by kacyds, Aug 17, 2011.

1. kacyds

kacyds New Member

2. ratio411

ratio411 Active Member

Nice!
    I only own 2 of those...
    The 113 and 114...
    As flawed as it is, I love that 241. It has tons of character and a relatively light cancel.
    What more can you ask for in a high value used?

3. Steve Robinson

Steve Robinson Well-Known Member Supporter

Very nice selection :)

4. kacyds

kacyds New Member

Thanks, I picked up the Scotts 241 $1 and Scotts 240 .50cent both for $20.00. Both have flaws but what do you expect for high dollor stamps for only $20..... lol

5. swish513

swish513 Active Member

6. kacyds

kacyds New Member

7. steve logan

steve logan Logie Bear

8. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

I have the #113, #114, #115 & 2 X #116, #121 and a #122 proof but only have the first 8 Colombians and the #244 but its out for certification and I'll post a pic when I get it back. I do have the sellers image if you would like though?
    [​IMG]

I also have Some Colombian Exposition Admission tickets printed by the American Banknote Company. here are some pics of the tickets.

Chicago's Columbian Exposition admission Tickets and the Colombian Silver Half Dollar which, as you coin enthisests know was our countries first commemorative Half Dollar! I have both years of production of these too.

my 1892 & 1893 Columbian Commemorative Half Dollars
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

my 113's (just added this photo/updated)
    [​IMG]

my (crappy photo lol) 114
    [​IMG]

my 115
    [​IMG]

my 116's
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

my 121
    [​IMG]

my 122 proof on india
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I don't own this stock certificate but I'm searching for one like it at the present time.
    [​IMG]

9. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

I wonder why they are all different sizes? I did rescale them but I guess it wasn't recognized or something? Anyhow Please enjoy the pics. The coins was hard to scan as I just done them this morning for you.

10. kacyds

kacyds New Member

Wow, they look awesome. Thanks for sharing.

11. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

I love to share my collections & hard work with kind folks that can appreciate them. It took years to track some of this stuff down. I still need the Indian ticket and Handel the minstrel ticket as well as the workers passes and children's passes so it's a work in progress. There were also different event days that I believe had thier own tickets as well. I'll have to keep my eyes open for them I guess. Thank you.

12. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

You have a wonderful #112 there. I should be so lucky someday! Congrats on your Pictorials!

13. Steve Robinson

Steve Robinson Well-Known Member Supporter

I love the work put out by the ABC Co there Banknotes are amazing, not seen the tickets before but like them a lot LOL

14. kacyds

kacyds New Member

Where do you normal find that kind of stuff? On Ebay, I guess.

15. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

not really eBay as I'm a little leary about peoples descriptions and internet buying in general. I go to estate auctions, regular auctions, stamp & coin show (although it's been awhile since I've hit one) and friends and family. I will, however buy from reputable sites like Declampe and SwedishTiger as they are bonded and insured.

16. kacyds

kacyds New Member

Thats good info. How do you find out about auctions?

17. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

Local ones are usually listed in the local newspaper and the stamp/coin shows in Linn's Stamp news. Also if you have a Scott catalog or the specialized catalog there are listings to about everything you can imagine.

18. kacyds

kacyds New Member

Thanks, yes I have a Scotts specialized catalog. Great information in there.

19. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

Here is some of my recent stuff if your interested?
    [​IMG]

Some of these you seen already. I also compressed the image a little to show off the highlights a bit against the black background.
    [​IMG]

ratio411 likes this.
  20. swish513

swish513 Active Member

i'm drooling........ wow!!!!!!

Draft saved Draft deleted