Some new classics recently aquired.

Discussion in 'United States Stamps' started by Jay, Feb 18, 2012.

1. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

Here are some classics I just got thanks to a very kind soul on here and a good deal! They are-
    24, 135, 211, 215, 214, 220, 227, 228, 259, 260, 238, 239, 240, 289, 617, 618

[​IMG]

kacyds, Tom D and steve logan like this.
  2. steve logan

steve logan Logie Bear

very nice indeed

3. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

All in their new home...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Brandon Sheley likes this.
  4. Steve Robinson

Steve Robinson Well-Known Member Supporter

I do like these old stamps :D

Jay likes this.
  5. swish513

swish513 Active Member

very nice additions jay! i'm jealous of your 239 and 240. i still need those!

6. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

Ahh don't be jealous swish, you have plenty of stuff that I would love to have so that makes us even! I must admit though, I never thought I'd come that close to completing the set (minus the dollar values of course).

7. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

I have more bureau issues too but unsure of what order the all go in. Got 2 different color blue & brown 5¢ Grants and an orange 50¢ Jefferson and a brown Daniel Webster that I'm thinking is a 282C and a few green ones too which may or may not be #258 definitely not 226 no triangles in upper right or left frame corners... but there must be at least 2 different bureau sets is all I can figure?

8. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

OKAY- I believe I found the answer to my bureau 5¢ blue vs. brown Garfield quandary. Check this out-
    [​IMG]

Also here is my ratty looking Banknote collection arrangement - lol
    Large Banknotes
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Small Banknotes
    [​IMG]

Bureau issues
    [​IMG]

9. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

Also, to add to the original topic- here are the rest of my new additions in their new spots for your viewing enjoyment!
    I am aware that these images are compressed a lot but they look sharp right?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Brandon Sheley and swish513 like this.
  10. Brandon Sheley

Brandon Sheley New Member

Very nice sheets.
    I once had a whole bunch of the blue #24's (well my dad), several blocks of 4 and 6, he sold them at an action but it was a set I'll never forget.

I also dig the 2nd picture up, 4th row from the bottom. I think they were Louisiana purchase ones, id I remember right, the colorful ones with the black picture in the middle. I have a couple of those and always thought they looked sharp.

Jay likes this.
  11. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

Thank you those are Scott #294-299 Pan American Exposition stamps Watermarked & perf 12. Made to celebrate the technology of the era. Earliest known usage is May 1St 1901 (05/01/01)

Brandon Sheley likes this.
  12. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

The Louisiana Purchase commemorative issues are at the top of last page.

13. kacyds

kacyds New Member

Nice looking stamps Jeff, keep up the good work.... ;)

14. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

Why Thank you kacyds! I'm slowly getting to about where I wanna be in my collection. I want to wrap up the post 40's material and exclusively focus on the early classics. I got a good start I would say?

15. Tom D

Tom D Well-Known Member

You all got me going now, I need to finish cataloging my world collection (Australia) and get to my USA ones, but I need to get to my USSR, and Cuba and my, wait their is only one of me, Boy such problems. Time to get back to work. Those are some real great looking stamps you have there Jay, really nice.

16. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

Thank you Tom! That's a compliment from the both of you! Cheers! in my best subliminal voice: (~Tom D Go and finish your U.S. collection~)

17. Tom D

Tom D Well-Known Member

yes sir:rolleyes:

Jay likes this.
  18. kacyds

kacyds New Member

19. zararina

zararina Simply Me! :D

The older the stamps the best!
    I love those classic stamps. :D Very nice.

Jay likes this.
  20. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

Thank you zararina! I have a little work to do on them yet getting better centered copies and undamaged ones (like the badly re-perforated 1$ Farragut in the Series 1902 set.) It'll be fun!

Draft saved Draft deleted