Searching for US scott #368, #371 imperfs

Discussion in 'Want Lists' started by Jay, Feb 25, 2012.

1. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

I'm currently searching for these U.S. Scott #368, #371 to (almost) complete that decade out so if you have an extra used or mint to spare give me a shout.
    Thank you very much!

2. steve logan

steve logan Logie Bear

I do not have them myself yet, but i am watching a couple on ebay

3. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

Same here but alas I'll have to put the hunt off for a bit as I recently decided to pick up some large banknotes from a friend. It's pefrectly OK though as I'll get em' someday. Timing just needs to be right is all.

kacyds likes this.
  4. steve logan

steve logan Logie Bear

some one came in at the last 10 secs and stole my stamp lol the #368 mint
    i was only prepared to pay $8 for it anyway and it went for $8.50 :)

5. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

Doesn't that suck! I have more stamps that way..I was bidding on a Scott #100 recently and and I was at 300.00 and lost over 66 cents! DARN IT ALL!!! Oh well my day (or his lol) will come.

steve logan likes this.
  6. David Logan

David Logan Member

This is going to sound like a stupid question but do have a image of it. As i have yet to reach U in the Alphabet. So i would be mre than happy to have a look to see what i have got. If i have got one you would be more than welcome to it. Just not sure what i'm lookng for. Still faily new to this.

7. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

Yup, No problem-o!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. David Logan

David Logan Member

Give me a few days to have a look and i will back to you

Jay likes this.
  9. David Logan

David Logan Member

Hi Jay

Sorry mate no luck, i found a few that appered to be simular but on closer insecption they were different. :(

Will keep my eyes open for you cos i'm always buying randon bags. So I might get 1 for you yet !!:D

Jay likes this.
  10. West

West New Member

If impers is
    short for imperfections, I say save a little longer
    a get a new and perfect stamp.
    Your album will thank you for it!
    :)

11. West

West New Member

What is a randon bag, David?
    Should it be something I should get for my collection?

12. Philactica

Philactica Active Member

Dear West,

This is a Want list thread.
    That implies that members post their images of stamps they would like to find or receive from a fellow collector in this thread.
    This latter action is meant with appropriate seriousness for others to respond to.
    Judging by your framed picture Avatar you have demostarted what is meant by a perfect stamp ( your statement above) reflects some understanding of terms ( a list is elsewhere on this site ).

Now as this thread gets bigger others want to see if they have stamps that is wanted by somebody - hence Want Lists.

When considerable pages have accumulated even you would agree that finding some stamps others may have, would become laborious to search for amidst off topic and senseless remarks.

The above detail was due to generous better judgement as all could have been said in vivid exclamations, which out of necessity would
    also be off topic.

13. kacyds

kacyds New Member

In the early years, from 1840 until 1850, all stamps were issued imperforate, and had to be cut from the sheet with scissors or knife. This was time-consuming and error-prone (as mangled stamps of the era attest).

14. Sam B

Sam B Active Member

Both are really nice looking stamps that I need better examples of myself. My #368 is mint except for a piece missing off the top edge:(

15. West

West New Member

Thanks for the information Kacyds. Easy to see I am still learning eh?
    Does George V have some of these then or are they all punched?

16. David Logan

David Logan Member

Hi West

A random bag is just a bag of mixed world stamps i aquired off ebay. You never know what you might get?. I'm still waiting for the magic find where i can retire. We live in hope:)

17. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

Hey does anyone have a sound #254 Lincoln, #256 Garfield, #258 Webster, #279 Franklin or #284 Clay to sell or trade? I have these all but #279 but the ones I have are damaged to one extent or another and I wish to upgrade if at all possible? I do have some small banknotes (stamps) for trade as well as some other classic and/or modern stuff. None of the requested stamps are expensive really so take a look if you would please and let me know OK? Thank you everybody! -Jay

Also an actual watermark tray if anybody got an extra? Thank you.

Draft saved Draft deleted