SCOTT CATALOG 2009 DVD SOFT COPY ALL 6 Volumes 14.99 + Shipping

Discussion in 'For Sale' started by Q8gold, Mar 29, 2013.

1. Q8gold

Q8gold New Member

For Sale ( SCOTT CATALOG ) DVD - 14.99

PDF#1 = United States, United Nations & Countries A - B ( 1348 Pages )
    PDF#2 = All Countries C - F ( 1444 Pages )
    PDF#3 = All Countries G - I ( 1373 Pages )
    PDF#4 = All Countries J - O ( 1671 Pages )
    PDF#5 = All Countries P - SL ( 1287 Pages )
    PDF #6 = All Countries So - Z ( 1286 Pages )

Shipping Worldwide = 4.99 standard International shipping with tracking
    Payment = Bank Transfer ( 15% discount ), Moneybookers (15% discount ) or PayPal

Email if interested. Thanks

2. Brandon Sheley

Brandon Sheley New Member

Just a question, but why would anyone want an old version of stamp values?

3. Q8gold

Q8gold New Member

I don't know, let the 30+ people on eBay who bought from me explain it

4. Q8gold

Q8gold New Member

Ok and as a serious note, some people would like to catalogue their stamps according to Scotts Cat. and need the Scotts # more than they actually need the value. to properly organize their albums.

Most stamps have not been updated value wise in Scotts anyway. unless u are collecting brand new 2013 stamps?

Regards,

5. steve logan

steve logan Logie Bear

i have to agree that it is more for the number than value, as i already have this version but i am looking to update to a later version soon just for the scott # of the later stamp issues

6. Sarahrtw

Sarahrtw Active Member

Is there a certain catalogue that's best for different kinds of collections? (Geographically, I mean) What's the dif. between the various publishers?

7. Sarahrtw

Sarahrtw Active Member

I'm interested, but want to make sure this is right for the collection I'll be starting. :)

8. steve logan

steve logan Logie Bear

in all fairness Sarah it covers every country?

9. steve logan

steve logan Logie Bear

Stanley Gibbons is by far the best for GB and commonwealthm Scott is best for USA and so on, but for all round collecting i use the scott worldwide dvd as offered here, i do use the SG catalogs for the more specilised stamps of GB and commonwealth but not very often

10. Q8gold

Q8gold New Member

Thanks for your input

11. Sarahrtw

Sarahrtw Active Member

OK, that all makes sense, and is about what I thought. Thanks everyone :)

12. tu7

tu7 Well-Known Member

My opinion (erm!) is that catalogues do not give accurate stamp values anyway. (waiting to be shot down in flames here).
    Since internet stamp sites have become so popular, stamp values have plummeted and certain stamps bear no relation to their so called catalogue value at all.

Steve Robinson likes this.
  13. steve logan

steve logan Logie Bear

i will agree with you there the values in catalogs do sometimes seem inflated or in the odd case under valued according to what they are being sold for on the internet, my use is for insurance purpose only.

the catalogs are mostly for sorting the collection lol

14. desertgem

desertgem Active Member

The purpose that the Scott company use to post in the catalogs, was that the price quoted represented the price expected to pay for a certain grade of the stamp and that included the handling costs by the dealer ( only B&M type then). So a common used stamp one could soak off of then current postage would have a minimum charge such as 5,10,20 cents, etc. Oh, the fortune one could have by buying a 10 kilo box lot :)

15. Sarahrtw

Sarahrtw Active Member

Do you still have any of these left?? I'll take one if you do :)

16. Q8gold

Q8gold New Member

I'm really sorry I haven't been on the forums for a long time and didn't get any messages from you so didn't really bother coming back and follow up the situation ( I was on a business trip and got really busy )

if you are still interested please check your messages I have just sent you one.

Thanks

Draft saved Draft deleted