RUSSIA SOVIET CCCP SOVIET PAINTINGS STAMPS 1972

Discussion in 'Trades' started by bickerstonehall, Aug 17, 2012.

1. bickerstonehall

bickerstonehall Moderator Moderator

RUSSIA SOVIET CCCP SOVIET PAINTINGS STAMPS 1972

An Beautiful Set of Six Stamps for any collector of stamps related to the Soviet Union, Art or Paintings.
    Stamp issued by the Soivet Postal Service to celebrate the best of Soviet Art.

2 K. "Meeting of Village Party Members" 1924, E. M. Cheptsov (1875-1950)
    4 K. "Pioneer Girl with Book" 1926, N. A. Kasatkin (1859-1930)
    6 K. "Party Delegate" 1927, G. G. Ryazhsky (1895-1952)
    10 K. "End of Winter. Midday" 1929, K. F. Yuon (1875-1958)
    16 K. "Partisan A. G. Lunev" 1929, N. I. Strunnikov (1871-1960)
    20 K. "Self-portrait in Fur Coat" 1947, I. E. Grabar (1871-1939)

Issue Date 7th December 1972
    Stamps in perfect condition each with a light postmark, CTO.

http://www.my-little-auctions.com/item.php?id=41210

For Sale or happy to Exchange for Four First Day Covers, FDCs, of your choice.

2. stilb

stilb New Member

do we get pics bickers?

3. bickerstonehall

4. stilb

stilb New Member

Do you just sell or do you message too?
    Do you live in russia?

5. bickerstonehall

I message too. Plus I post sales and trades. Not Russia. I am English, but live and work in Ukraine.

6. stilb

stilb New Member

I'm guessin g work took you there yeah? I can't imagine anyone going there through choice. Have you visited Stalingrad then?

7. bickerstonehall

I went by choice. My best friend at University was Ukrainnian. I visited had a great time, found a wonderful country, nice people, had lots of job offers and decided to stay. Why would you think no one would come here by choice?
    I have visited or lived in more than 100 countries and this is in the top ten for me.

8. stilb

stilb New Member

I was watching the Olypics recently and it was stated that Ukraine is one of the poorest and most depressing places in the world.
    Could have been western propoganda though eh? On the other hand you may be enjoying unnaturally large wages as you are connected to a university?
    Have you visited Stalingrad?

9. bickerstonehall

There is no city called Starlingrad in Ukraine.
    Ukraine poor. I do not think so. Propaganda perhaps. I remember visiting the US for the first time and thinking how it was nothing like we are shown on the TV. Detroit has areas that look like the aftermath of WOrld War Three with houses for sale at less than $10,000
    I not work for a University. I am a presenter on English Russian Language TV.
    Great fun and a good living but I have other financial interests which keep me from having to worry about money.
    Before they say Ukraine is depressing I need to send them to some areas in Detroit:mad:

10. stilb

stilb New Member

I know that Bickers, I meant Stalingrad without the 'r'. I thought you may visit it as it is a very popluar place to go for enthusiasts of WWII. Although if you are an American you would probably prefer Berlin eh?

11. stilb

stilb New Member

Stalingrad is twinned with Coventry in England, probs due to the fact that both suffered a pounding by Nazi bombers. It is actully in russia now, but used to be in the USSR and is not far from Ukraine. has it never come up on one of your TV shows?

12. stilb

stilb New Member

By the way, where is Bickerstonehall?

13. bickerstonehall

Volgograd, for a short time, Starlingrad. No one talks of Starlin as I guess no one talks of Hitler in Germany. Ukraine like other eastern Eropean countries now looks back to and builds its own culture, much of which is relected on its Postage Stamps. I present shows for those learning English, so politics is not a big subject.
    Bickerstone Hall is in Lincolnshire, England.

14. stilb

stilb New Member

Not Starlin; Stalin, Uncle Joe.

15. stilb

stilb New Member

He laed USSR to victory in what Russians call the Patriot Wars, i know this 'cos I've some friends on facebook from Russia.

16. stilb

stilb New Member

I've a mate who collects Russian watches, are you anywhere near Sebastapol?

17. bickerstonehall

He also killed more people than Hitler. And do remember he was on Hitlers side at the begining of the war. He not very popular in Poland. Now I think we should end this as it is too political for my liking.

18. stilb

stilb New Member

Sure, not a problem. Still it would be a dull world if all we ever talked about was stamps eh?
    I'm sure you will have other interests other wise you would make a strange sort of TV persoanlity.
    You take care and catch you another time.....x

Draft saved Draft deleted