Rewriting Stamp History

Discussion in 'United States Stamps' started by RichardBabcock, Oct 21, 2020.

1. RichardBabcock

RichardBabcock Active Member

My new discoveries have been recorded on The Scott 231 Columbian. Now I've been requested to re write history of the stamp. Second broken hat plus broken hat and broken frame line, plus another broken hat. They require a story on my new findings. But I still need to do more research on the stamp> My goal is to research one hundred thousand stamps or 231s. So i will make them wait. Then I will write the history of the stamp. I've been in contact with the APS and a Doctor at the USPcs, He has registered all my findings and requested me to write about them. I had the APS send me all the info on Scott 231 to make sure i haven't missed anything. WHO knows maybe in another lifetime someone will find something I missed.

Gunny likes this.
  2. Gunny

Gunny Retired Jarhead Moderator

Nice job. Here's a picture of mine if you need to look at it. Only thing I've noticed about mine is the spot in the right numeral "2".

0231 Landing of Columbus 2C.jpg

3. Gunny

In fact, if you physically need it as part of your research, send me your address and I'll drop it in the mail for you.

4. RichardBabcock

Nice< yes how much would you like for it?I see a dot on your E as well, Its a dot to line up for cutting or i call a printers dot but the 2 dot is interesting.

5. RichardBabcock

I've found cracks in the t ,s, f, On top then multiple ones in the landing of Columbus on the bottom. I see that is a blue dot, There are lots of them on different stamps of the same type. Your F on the bottom slightly curves up Known as the curved F And you O has some nice deformations in it.

6. Gunny

Don't need any money for it. If you've got excess duplicate stamps, then throw them in an envelope and send them my way.

7. Gunny

Here is a much better scan.

img441.jpg

8. RichardBabcock

See the F of this one almost separated. IMG_20201003_0001.jpg

9. RichardBabcock

Sure what ones do you need?

10. Gunny

I'll send you a message in the Conversation function.

Draft saved Draft deleted