Retired teacher back to collecting

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by psyprofret, May 21, 2016.

1. psyprofret

psyprofret Likes used worldwide and 1st issue US revenues

I started collecting when i was about 8 years old because I had been given my grandfathers collection and accumulation. I stayed active until I went off to college. I then took a break for family and career. Now that I am retired, I am back to the hobby I have always enjoyed.

I collect worldwide used stamps prior to 1970 as well as First Issue US Revenues with a special interest in R27.

zararina and amelia88 like this.
  2. Gunny

Gunny Retired Jarhead Moderator

Welcome. Teaching is an honorable profession. One of my sons and my sister are currently teachers, and absolutely love it.

I have about 50 Revenue's, but no R27's.

Enjoy your time here.

3. Hochstrasse

Hochstrasse Moderator Moderator

Welcome! Love the old revenue stamps too.

psyprofret likes this.
  4. James-2489

James-2489 Well-Known Member

Hello psyprofret, welcome to the forum, I look forward to seeing some of your collection and other input to the group.
    Regards, James.

5. amelia88

amelia88 Member

I too started collecting stamps around that age. I think as a child I just took a fascination to collecting them and the stories behind them, especially since I had quite a few international penpals. So I was always being exposed to interesting stamps from around the world.

Glad to have you here with us!

6. DonSellos

DonSellos Moderator Moderator

Welcome to the forum! We share the used, world-wide collecting emphasis. Always something to buy when collecting WW.

Don

psyprofret likes this.
  7. SATX Collector

SATX Collector Remember the Alamo!

Welcome back to the collecting bug... I also gave it up for a few years and then came back. Wish I would have been collecting more when I was traveling all over the world... a lot better to see the collecting groups in person. But there is time... I have so many now that I have to sort through and enjoy every last minute of it.

8. zararina

zararina Simply Me! :D

Welcome to the forum. Looking forward to see some of your collections around. :)

9. ram

ram Member

Welcome to the forum

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Draft saved Draft deleted