PSE Cert -----> PSE Slab

Discussion in 'Stamp Chat' started by Gunny, Jun 30, 2020.

1. Gunny

Gunny Retired Jarhead Moderator

So, I'm thinking about getting my PSE certified stamps rehoused in PSE slabs. Just thinking it would be easier for my kids to disperse my collection once I've kicked the bucket, in addition to less chance they'll be damaged. Then I saw that my Scott #1 has a really old PSE certificate from 1996. This appears to the 27,389th stamp that they certified. Does anyone know if having an early PSE certificate adds any value to the stamp?

img036.jpg img037.jpg

2. DonSellos

DonSellos Moderator Moderator

I don't have any stamps that warrant expertizing, but I would caution against slabbing. My impression is the market for slabbed stamps is very limited.

Don

Werner Salentin, Molokai and Gunny like this.
  3. Molokai

Molokai Moderator Moderator

I concur with <DON>.

Gunny likes this.
  4. Bj Slusarczyk

Bj Slusarczyk New Member

As a collector I usually shy away from any slabbed stamp, unless it's a super rare item. Then I can see the value of such a process.

Gunny likes this.
  5. RICHARD Babcock

RICHARD Babcock Active Member

Its up to you there your stamps I think pse, Dose not give any value or opinion to stampsThey just drop all and come to there own conclution.They ask you what grade you think and if they grade lower you get a bad cert. no grade or opinion. stick with aps/ or pf. pse sucks.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2020
Draft saved Draft deleted