POSTING IMAGES

Discussion in 'Stamp Chat' started by James-2489, Feb 5, 2016.

1. James-2489

James-2489 Well-Known Member

Hello all, several people have said that they have problems posting images.
    There are several ways of posting images.

1. If you have the stamp(s) and a scanner, scan them. I prefer to scan at 300 DPI and save as PNG (or BMP) These file formats are better quality and allow you crop or modify the image. JPG images are compressed and any alterations show as noisy poorer quality images.

2. If you want to copy an image from the web, you can, either right click and copy the image if the site allows this. If the screen image is too small, try using “Ctrl” + “+” to magnify the image (the “Ctrl” + “+” can be used several times on the same image) until you have the desired size. Copy and Paste into your image software.

3. If you cannot copy using method 1 or 2, Select the web image and resize if required, then press the “Prt Scr” key (above number pad) then go to “Paint” or other photo software, create a new blank image and “Paste” the image into your software. Select and copy the desired area of your screen area, then resave new image.

4. If you must use a camera, do not get too close, ensure that it is in focus and that the image is rectangular. Modify your photo in your paint or photo programme.

5. Once you have your desired image, select the portion that you require and use the “Copy” command.

6. Open Stamp Exchange and select the reply (or new thread) then “right click” and paste your image, add your comments and submit your post.

I hope that this will help some of our "Newbies"

Regards, James

Last edited: Feb 6, 2016
    Gunny, zararina and SATX Collector like this.
  2. zararina

zararina Simply Me! :D

Well explained James. :)

3. barbiebarbie73

barbiebarbie73 New Member

Thanks for the excellent explanation, I just wish I had seen this before. It took me a while to figure out what I was doing!

4. judyd

judyd New Member

Like old coins, I find stamps to be a fascinating look at history. One of the oldest stamps is the Penny Block. Has anyone here ever seen one in person? Does it only exist in a museum somewhere?

Attached Files:

5. James-2489

Hello JudyD
    although the penny black was only used for about 10 months, May 1840 - Feb 1841 there were 68,808,000 stamps printed so they are not as uncommon as you would imagine. I have two quite poor copies maybe worth $10-20? I also have two very fine 1840 2d blues and two later 2d blues and 70+ imperf and perforated penny reds 1841 -1879 worth various amounts.

Regards, James

6. judyd

judyd New Member

I have to say, James, you are definitely more into stamps than I am. How extensive is your collection, anyway? What themes do you have? Or is your collection eclectic?

I have to admit I am more of a book collector than stamps. Yes, I think I have a few more books than stamps. But it's close.

7. James-2489

Hello JudyD, I have a fairly extensive collection of stamps collected on and off over the past 63 years, books too, some coins, photos 30,000 + many taken on my travels.

Regards, James.

8. H. G. Golightly

H. G. Golightly Active Member

Hello Judy,
    Is your Penny Black block for real?
    If so, it is worth an amazingly large amount of cash.(Good on YOU)
    Do you mind sharing where you acquired this rarity?
    Thanks,
    HGG

9. amar0

amar0 New Member

Witam,
    W ostatnim czasie zachorowałem na martwicę głów kości udowych spowodowaną leczeniem sterydowym choroby autoimmunologicznej.
    Od 5 miesięcy jestem na zwolnieniu lekarskim. Na początku maja tego roku wszczepiono mi endoprotezę stawu biodrowego prawego (był zniszczony w 90%). Staw biodrowy lewy jest zniszczony również w podobny sposób i wymaga jak najszybszego wszczepienia endoprotezy.
    Moje finanse już są na dużym minusie (pozapożyczałem się u znajomych).
    Ja niegdyś wielokrotnie uczestniczyłem w aukcjach charytatywnych, a teraz sam jestem w potrzebie.
    Na Allegro będę wystawiał w miarę możliwości filatelistykę, malarstwo, zegary, zegarki + części, stare książki itp.
    Jeżeli coś Państwa zainteresuję to proszę o licytowanie.
    adres aukcji:
    http://allegro.pl/listing/user/listing.php?us_id=444256
    Pozdrawiam
    Marek Cielątkowski - amar0.

Hello,
    Recently, I developed necrosis of the femoral head caused by steroid treatment of autoimmune disease.
    5 months I was on sick leave. In early May of this year, I implanted endoprosthesis hip right (it was destroyed in 90%). The hip joint is left destroyed also in a similar way and require as soon as possible implantation of the prosthesis.
    My finances are already on a big minus (loan at friends).
    I once repeatedly participated in charity auctions, and now I am in need.
    At Allegro I has exhibited as much as possible philately, painting, clocks, watches + spare, old books, etc.
    If something your interested please of bidding.
    address of the auction:
    http://allegro.pl/listing/user/listing.php?us_id=444256
    Regards
    Marek Cielątkowski - amar0.

10. pistol

pistol Member

I am posting a reply here for you to see that I do read and take in consideration your help. A lot of thanks again!

James-2489 likes this.
  11. fishmonk

fishmonk Member

I am here to check on posting images.Has anyone managed to use their phones to capture great stamp images ?

12. DonSellos

DonSellos Moderator Moderator

Is it possible to append or implant images in Correspondence messages? If so, how? There is no "upload a file" button for Correspondence and I have tried to paste images in without success.

Don

13. ovelorbeme

ovelorbeme New Member

Your present e-mail deal with will not be published. Anticipated areas are marked.Notify me of observe-up feedback by email. Notify me of latest womens golf shoe threads by email. *no minimum buy required. Financial savings are immediately utilized at checkout. Free transport is proscribed to widespread flooring delivery throughout the forty eight contiguous u.s.a. and apo/fpo addresses. Excludes decline ships and any things with repaired transport rates. Total get ought to vessel to just one address. Does not affect previous purchases or begin instructions and cannot be combined with some other offer.
    Isma l karim a rejoint l'quipe d'investissement de sinergi niger en 2012. Cl mence rejoint m quipe en 2015 et travaille sur les actions delaware transmission et delaware plaidoyer n i amp;p. Suivez i amp;p sur les page1=forty six seaux sociaux. About folks contact us. The lake city media 2015. Really launched as blue ribbon actions in 1964 by phil knight and bill bowerman, the in-demand producer as we speak recognized as nike takes their title from the greek goddess of victory. Earlier than the organization turned certainly one of many world s most recognizable models on the planet, the tone for the swoosh and their coronary heart of laces dress shoes invention and simply take motion pondering was assortment by hanging tales of two guys focused on sneakers and sports.
    I'd hate having to get this carried out on drained toes and probability getting a cramp in the hammie. I additionally really feel that the one can do with best crossfit shoes some structure, or i might prefer to somewhat declare small construction underneath the arc or within the arch. The flymesh, flywire and internal sock coating of the pegasus are in spec with the looks and really feel of latest prime relative brands. With one exception, i do consider the pegasus features a broader variety of coloration selections, not noticed by different mannequin makers. At first look, it appears simplified and beautiful. The underside package deal comes with an aerodynamic search, and as mentioned can feel restricted when sporting heavy socks.
    Everyone see a bit of huarache or acg enthusiasm behind that design? coming in your selection of black, vibrant, gray, green, navy or elegant, attempt to find the nike air zoom rank childrens shoes sizes to make their introduction within the near future for the retail worth of $130. Accessible now on kixify amp; ebay. The nike air zoom design 20 athletic footwear definitely are a high-quality pair of sneakers, specially for men with stage feet. It is vital to really have a steady set of athletic footwear with applicable arc assist to forestall over-pronation. They possess energetic match technology, flywire cords within the laces, and robust fold traces for an excellent stability of freedom and tractions.
    More substantial reductions are created across the accident station the and crash rails so as to add mobility because the foot at this time employs only a solitary respond groove, albeit a deep one. The heel and the midfoot are included with robust carbon rubber as the forefoot presents broken plastic for jeans dress shoes larger traction. A well known midsole foam within the cushlon is used to handle the cushioning obligations of the pegasus 33. It has good durability and responsiveness. Nike now employs air assist objects in both heel and forefoot facets of the shoe.
    Nike sfb type 2 eight" black military fight tactical. Boots have a pair small black spots to them and a pair filthy pots close to the thread. Learn your complete rationalization and examine all images to simply help guarantee is the item you need.See complete rationalization alert me before the conclusion of the auction. pink shoe Nike sfb space eight" coyote navy boots army ocp over all sneakers don't show an excessive amount of wear. Excited bidders are invited to bid for this nike fight boots. You will surely like the item condition. The present worth is 99. See full description advise me before the finish of the auction.

Draft saved Draft deleted