Featured Postal Stationary

Discussion in 'Stamp Chat' started by David Youse, Sep 28, 2011.

1. zararina

zararina Simply Me! :D

I do not actively collect those either but it is a good thing having some of it.

2. Hochstrasse

Hochstrasse Moderator Moderator

Lots of people don't collect them, but the funny thing is that somehow everyone seems to get a few of those prepaid envelopes and cards over the years. The only ones I recall ever buying were those Legends of the West cards. That was one issue I seemed to go overboard on.

3. zararina

Maybe it was given to them , have a good memory on it and/or just like the design. :D

Hochstrasse likes this.
  4. AtanasVelikov

AtanasVelikov Member

I'm so glad I found this post. Among my stamp collection are some similar ones, I'm going to try and take some clear pictures so you can all pass an opinion on them. I'm just starting out with stamp collection business so bear with me all please :)

5. AtanasVelikov

AtanasVelikov Member

Thanks for the information :) I love it when people teach me things in small simple messages (for us blonde people it's difficult to catch on quicker haha)

6. James-2489

James-2489 Well-Known Member

Hello all, although not a collector I have a fair number of postal stationary items, mostly from old penpals, many would have been robbed of their stamps, I have possibly 100 Russian stamps from this source, all from the 60s. As many others from S.E.A. I have a few unused Thai examples too, I have about 20 of these unused pre-cancelled air-letters from 1952, I could still use them with the addition of a 15 baht stamp.
    upload_2015-11-26_11-19-53.png

Regards, James.

zararina likes this.
  7. zararina

That looks neat with already canceled printed stamp. :)

8. tasha

tasha Active Member

I received a letter the other day and it had a stamp with a building from another province on it and that was not the weirdest part, it also had no post date stamp on it like someone just dropped it off in the box

9. Jehovahnissi

Jehovahnissi Member

I haven't come across many people who collect those, but I find them interesting nonetheless!

10. Jamesh

Jamesh New Member

This is really cool, thank you for sharing. I'm new to stamp collecting, but I recently went to the National Postal Museum and they have a room where you can sort through and take a few postage stamps. They were really fascinating! I got a couple foreign ones. I'm sure I'll end up collecting as many as possible, but I'm currently drawn to the more colorful stamps. It's interesting to see how postage material and colors have changed in the last century.

11. James-2489

James-2489 Well-Known Member

Hello Jamesh, welcome to the forum. I assume that you visited the National Postal Museum Washington? Do you intend to collect by theme or by country? Mint or used? If you need information there are many knowledgeable collectors here.
    Regards, James.

12. jim72051

jim72051 Active Member

I bought a shoebox of cut squares at the NAPEX show in Naples Fl a couple weeks ago. there were thousands of two inch cut squares of postal stationary half from the US and the rest foreign. Here is the Great Britain material. I'm guessing the orange ones are a revenue of some sort. They are all different denominations. 100_1932.JPG 100_1933.JPG 100_1934.JPG 100_1935.JPG

James-2489 likes this.
  13. augusta

augusta New Member

wow,nice one man.never knew airmail envelopes could also be collected and preserved.

will check our local post office to see if it still being used will upload it here.

14. OttosWorld

OttosWorld New Member

I have always liked Postal Stationery - since I was a child I collected it mint and as an adult dealer I find it challenging to stock used Modern non-philatelic usages.

Draft saved Draft deleted