Postal Note Stamps

Discussion in 'United States Stamps' started by kacyds, Apr 10, 2012.

1. kacyds

kacyds New Member

I received these today in the mail. Postal note stamps were issued to supplement the regular money order service. They were a means of sending amounts under $1. One or two Postal note stamps, totaling 1c to 99c, were affixed to US Postal Notes and canceled by the clerk. The stamps were on the second of three parts, the one retained by the post office redeeming the Postal Note. They were first issued on Feb. 1, 1945 and discontinued March 31, 1951.

View attachment 2259

Darrin and Jen like this.
  2. Sam B

Sam B Active Member

Thanks for sharing Kris.
    I'm trying to figure out why I've never seen any of these before:confused:.....I do like them tho!

kacyds likes this.
  3. rega

rega New Member

Interesting, I have never seen them before, but I find them ugly.
    I do not mean this in a negative way, I find quite a few stamps ugly, eg: postage due stamps, always ugly in my opinion.

4. Steve Robinson

Steve Robinson Well-Known Member Supporter

Now I like them LOL but there is no accounting for my taste :)

5. kacyds

kacyds New Member

They are not expensive either, I picked them up for 4 cents each. Less than a dollar for all of them. Bought them from Stamp2Go.com

6. Darrin

Darrin Active Member

I have a couple of these lurking around my US collection...I didn't know there were so many denominations.

7. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

Great pick up Kris! I quite often see the profs for these but never really understood how they "worked" exactly? I do now from the above description but do find them quite fascinating. They are not a handsome stamp but very collectable in good condition. Congrats!

8. rega

rega New Member

This seems about right :)

Draft saved Draft deleted