PdotK's Evolution of Flight collection

Discussion in 'Stamp Chat' started by pdotk, Nov 18, 2018.

1. pdotk

pdotk Active Member

I am back after a long gap.

In this thread I am going to share my primary theme, Evolution of Flight related materials.

Thanks to all the people who are behind my collection [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] !!

My Evolution of Flight exhibit starts with Kites. Then sky lanterns, Hot air balloons, dirigibles, Gliders, Powered flights, Military aviation, Helicopters, Aerogram, different varieties of carried covers and letters, First flight covers, Special aircraft like C17, AWACS, VTOL, Guppy, Shuttle carriers.

I am finding it hard to locate stamps/covers related to Guppy/Beluga type planes, large heavy lift aircraft, STS 8 flown in space covers, Night flight covers, Gliders and Lanterns [​IMG].

As this forum is full of friendly and experienced philatelists, I request your comments and suggestions please.

I am thinking of participating in Singpex in Junior category. But I am in 12th grade and I know I am not having any worthwhile material to participate in International exhibitions.
    So thinking whether to give it a try or not.

Thanks
    PdotK

DonSellos, Molokai and anglobob like this.
  2. pdotk

pdotk Active Member

Let me start with the First Flight cover from Johannesburg to London.

[​IMG]
    Back side,
    [​IMG]
    Info card,
    [​IMG]

DonSellos, Hochstrasse and Molokai like this.
  3. Hochstrasse

Hochstrasse Well-Known Member

4. pdotk

pdotk Active Member

Since I am just 16years old and heard about Ebay for all wrong reasons, I stayed away from Ebay.

Thanks for the info Sir.

5. pdotk

pdotk Active Member

Next one is, 25th Anniversary cover. I am not sure, whether it is a carried cover or special cover. It is numbered(mine is 36), Don't know how many of them issued.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted