Panama-Pacific Exposition tickets

Discussion in 'United States Stamps' started by Jay, Apr 5, 2012.

1. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

OK, Most of you probably know that I passively collect Exposition tickets, and while not the most fancy design -by any stretch- I saw these for a good price and thought I'd pick them up. I have had these for a while but never really got to show them off and since the subject has come up here they are!

Also that 1876 ticket stub was really small too (like 1"x3½") and I imagine these aren't much larger but I like them. Has anyone ever see these before or have examples of the more ornate tickets from this Expo? Thank you.

[​IMG]

2. Steve Robinson

Steve Robinson Well-Known Member Supporter

1st time for me and I like them :) I find things like this fascinating

3. kacyds

kacyds New Member

Can I have one so that I can get in........:eek:

Nice as always, Jay!!!

4. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

Thank you Kacyds! I dug those out and need to find a spot in my binder to display them. I spilled 7-UP on my collection last night but thankfully the vario sheets protected them!...OMG I freaked out...30K up in smoke I thought!

5. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

Did you know they had the Liberty Bell shipped to the Expo? Must have been a real shin-dig back in 1914-15!!

I am looking for stuff from the 1901 Expo specifically from the SINGER sewing machine booth. It was first displayed and up for sale at the Pan-American Exposition. I don't own anything from that one besides the stamps.

6. Tom D

Tom D Well-Known Member

I would have thought the Liberty Bell would never be moved, and for a Stamps EXPO.
    Not that stamps are not worth it, but?

7. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

8. Tom D

Tom D Well-Known Member

Woooo it was more then I thought, Thanks JAy

9. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

Yup, No problem-o! I was researching it a little and thought I'd post the links I was looking at just for reference. In case someone was to use the search function on the topic.

10. Tom D

Tom D Well-Known Member

Ya all this time I thought it was just for stamps. Learn something new everyday. So you can teach an ol dog new tricks.:D

11. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

My wife just said: "Sit ubu sit!" Remember that? haha...I am old.

12. Tom D

Tom D Well-Known Member

Darn dog, my brother in law named one of his dogs at that time ubu.

Jay likes this.
  13. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

Here is actual film footage of the Expo. You can see the Liberty Bell in the parade starting at 10:21 into the video. Enjoy!

Also Kacyds you asked if any structures remained well here is your answer- yes but very few

Tom D likes this.
  14. kacyds

kacyds New Member

No sound and no color......:eek:. Thanks for sharing Jay, I enjoyed watching this. Makes you appreciate life more, understanding our past.

15. Tom D

Tom D Well-Known Member

Yes that was a great film footage Jay, I like those old films.

16. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

Thank you. Somehow I thought my fellow stamp enthusiasts would appreciate that- with your eye for detail and all that. It is a wonder how people lived back then isn't it? I too found it amazing! While you was watching that I was rigging up my fly-rod for the season...can't wait to wet my line!

17. Tom D

Tom D Well-Known Member

I am also looking foward to some fishing

18. kacyds

kacyds New Member

Fishing, have a boat that my boys and I do alot of Saltwater fishing, Redfish, Speckle Trout, Flounder, Black Drum... We do some freshwater too.... You have to love the water......:)

19. Tom D

Tom D Well-Known Member

I was born on Long Island, moved to Florida before coming to Michigan, and the one thing I do miss is SALT WATER FISHING. I did love fishing for and eating Flounder, as a matter of fact all sea food. Now it is either fresh water or nothing, It is just as peaceful, with less sun, on the banks of the Grand River or the tree covered banks of a lake.

20. kacyds

kacyds New Member

I always say that a bad day fishing is better than a good day at work... Dont matter what kind of fishing you are doing, I love getting slime on my pole....... or am I thinking of something else....... :eek:

Draft saved Draft deleted