Not for sure which scott # these are

Discussion in 'What's it Worth?' started by Bananarama, Jan 12, 2019.

1. Bananarama

Bananarama New Member

67FA13CE-D704-4DF1-A5CA-0F79A34527E9.jpeg Could someone tell me which scott # these are? Thank you.

Attached Files:

2. DonSellos

DonSellos Moderator Moderator

Bananarama:

Welcome to the forum.

Sorry I can't ID those stamps for you. The Washington-Franklins are a complex and difficult series for me, and I am not familiar enough with it to even make a guess. However, there are others on this forum who can probably make an identification. Stay tuned.

Don

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
  3. Molokai

Molokai Moderator Moderator

DonSellos likes this.
  4. Bananarama

Bananarama New Member

Thanks u guys. I think the washington franklins are so complicated, there is so many different things to look for. Im a newbie at this sort of thing & its too much for me. I’ve got so many of them.

5. Molokai

Molokai Moderator Moderator

That can be lots of fun! Plenty of online resources but you need to know how to correctly measure the stamps, count perfs and ID paper flat/rotary and such. I believe what you have shown are 4th Bureau, Series of 1922. Not *quite* the mess of the 3rd but as I mentioned...still tricky. There are some interesting plat varieties in them, also.

6. Hochstrasse

Hochstrasse Moderator Moderator

DonSellos likes this.
  7. DonSellos

DonSellos Moderator Moderator

Molokai and Hochstrasse:

Those are very helpful links.

Don

8. Bananarama

Bananarama New Member

Thanks guys ill try to see if I can get anywhere on the links. I’ve looked under stamp smarter but its kinda hard to operate on mobile site. Laptop is out of commission right now. Got some more & some foreign stamps I need help with too. Ill posts some more pics soon.

Draft saved Draft deleted