Not for sure which scott # these are

Discussion in 'What's it Worth?' started by Bananarama, Jan 12, 2019.

1. Bananarama

Bananarama New Member

67FA13CE-D704-4DF1-A5CA-0F79A34527E9.jpeg Could someone tell me which scott # these are? Thank you.

Attached Files:

2. DonSellos

DonSellos Well-Known Member

Bananarama:

Welcome to the forum.

Sorry I can't ID those stamps for you. The Washington-Franklins are a complex and difficult series for me, and I am not familiar enough with it to even make a guess. However, there are others on this forum who can probably make an identification. Stay tuned.

Don

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
  3. Molokai

Molokai Well-Known Member

DonSellos likes this.
  4. Bananarama

Bananarama New Member

Thanks u guys. I think the washington franklins are so complicated, there is so many different things to look for. Im a newbie at this sort of thing & its too much for me. I’ve got so many of them.

5. Molokai

Molokai Well-Known Member

That can be lots of fun! Plenty of online resources but you need to know how to correctly measure the stamps, count perfs and ID paper flat/rotary and such. I believe what you have shown are 4th Bureau, Series of 1922. Not *quite* the mess of the 3rd but as I mentioned...still tricky. There are some interesting plat varieties in them, also.

6. Hochstrasse

Hochstrasse Well-Known Member

DonSellos likes this.
  7. DonSellos

DonSellos Well-Known Member

Molokai and Hochstrasse:

Those are very helpful links.

Don

8. Bananarama

Bananarama New Member

Thanks guys ill try to see if I can get anywhere on the links. I’ve looked under stamp smarter but its kinda hard to operate on mobile site. Laptop is out of commission right now. Got some more & some foreign stamps I need help with too. Ill posts some more pics soon.

Draft saved Draft deleted