New Stamps from the U.S. Postal Service

Discussion in 'United States Stamps' started by CalzoneManiac, Aug 4, 2015.

1. CalzoneManiac

CalzoneManiac Member

So the USPS has on their website the following new stamps:

Ingrid Berman forever (49c)
    2016 World Stamp Show forever (49c)
    United States Coast Guard forever (49c)
    Elvis Presley forever (49c)

I have yet to see these stamps at my local post office. Have any of you seen them?

2. zararina

zararina Simply Me! :D

I have not seen any of those yet. But for sure those are nice since Forever stamps are mostly nice. :)

3. Hochstrasse

Hochstrasse Moderator Moderator

No, I haven't seen any of those stamps yet. There are many that never come to my small local office. Years back we used to have a few philatelic centers in the large post offices that had everything except the press sheets. Gone are those days. Before giving up on the news issues I used to order from the "Cave". There is always that option for the collector.

4. SATX Collector

SATX Collector Remember the Alamo!

The "Cave"... not familiar with that term.

FINALLY getting a handle on all my foreign holdings... have decided to create my own albums as I would go into debt forever if I bought all the albums.

5. Hochstrasse

The Fulfillment Center of the USPS is called the cave because it literally is in a cave. You might find this link interesting SATX Collector.

http://stamps.org/userfiles/image/Photogalleries/2013_March_snapshots/FulfillmentTour.pdf

6. zararina

zararina Simply Me! :D

Very interesting to know that a center or office is literally in a cave. Thanks for the link Hoch.

7. Gunny

Gunny Retired Jarhead Moderator

Haven't seen the stamps yet, but sometimes you can pre-order stuff on the website before it is released nationwide.

8. tasha

tasha Active Member

Ingrid Birgman would be a nice stamp to have but my favourite would be Audrey Hepburn as she is my idol and did so much for humanity too.

Gunny likes this.
  9. Larry L. Taylor

Larry L. Taylor Active Member

just bought many of the new issue 'on-line' thru http://usps.com/

bought the Elvis issue last week, but the local post office evidently wasn't stocking t'other stamps - those and a couple of others (postcard rate sheetlet and Priority mail stamp); think I'll quite collecting plate blocks of the priority mail stamps @ $19.99USD per stamp!!!

Hochstrasse likes this.
  10. Hochstrasse

I was thinking about the new Elvis stamp, perhaps I'll get it to put alongside the original Elvis stamps my wife bought several sheets of.

11. Jehovahnissi

Jehovahnissi Member

I haven't come across them but I'll keep my eye out. I'd like to see the elvis and coast guard ones.

Draft saved Draft deleted