New member (sort of)

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Curt52, Jun 16, 2018.

1. Curt52

Curt52 New Member

Hi, I've been reading these forums here for quite some time. However, I've never posted anything until right now. I like how friendly everyone is towards each other here (unlike some other forums where a few know-it-alls ruin the fun for everyone lol). So, today, I finally decided to add this my list of favorite forums. Hi to everyone!

My Interests pretty much include just about anything U.S. But, since that's a pretty broad area to collect, I focus on US airmail. Although I do have quite a few first flight covers, I prefer first day covers.

I also collect non airmail US first day covers. I have a large Collins FDC collection, a pretty large Therome cachets collection. My favorite first day covers are by Curtiss Poormon.

Anyway, hi to all, and I hope to be doing more posting soon.

Curt

2. DonSellos

DonSellos Well-Known Member

Hello Curt and welcome!

I mostly collect used WW stamps, but started with U.S. and still have a modest collection in that area. I also like U.S. and WW covers. I am unfamiliar with Curtiss Poormon's covers/cachets. How about posting some of his work for a start?

Don

3. Curt52

Curt52 New Member

Hi Don,
    I am lazy so instead of scanning any of them, i just checked Ebay. There are a lot of good examples, just search for: FDC Poormon. The prices are high right now, but you can at least get an idea of his work.
    Curt

4. Hochstrasse

Hochstrasse Well-Known Member

Welcome Curt52 nice to have you contributing. I saw the Ebay pictures you posted on another thread. The FDCs are very nice. Looking forward to seeing some of yours.

5. Curt52

Curt52 New Member

Actually, the ones i posted in the other thread are two of mine. I have 18 Poormon covers now, and and am always looking for more. Not at the prices I saw on Ebay though lol

Hochstrasse likes this.
  6. Hochstrasse

Hochstrasse Well-Known Member

Sorry I misunderstood the thread. I think the covers are great. I had no idea they were so expensive, I took a quick look on Ebay as well.

7. ram

ram Member

Welcome to the forum curt

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

8. DonSellos

DonSellos Well-Known Member

Attractive art work, but too pricey for me!

Don

Draft saved Draft deleted