New Member...Rick 2

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Rick 2, Jan 18, 2021.

1. Rick 2

Rick 2 Member

Hi, just found this site.....I collect any country to 1940-ish, Covers (stampless, fdc, foriegn etc) full sheets, blocks, .....you know, basically anything philatelic related that screams my name when walking through stamp stores, or browsing websites. I'm retired military and love to travel (but not lately). I'm a member of a local stamp club but not an APS member. I use rkarlslyst@gmail.com for my stamp purchasing communications. I will also check rkspec14@yahoo.com, but not nearly as often, that one is my spam filter.....LOL. Currently looking to expand my covers....looking for NYC Post office cancels like the one below.....the NYC PO had many sub branches designated by alphabet....I would like to get at least 1 cover with each letter. The kicker is, the killer needs to have VERTICAL bars. Example below is Station "V". I hope to enjoy reading comments on these threads! Cheers! NY v.jpg

DonSellos likes this.
  2. Rick 2

Rick 2 Member

Forgot to mention the alphabet duplex cancels with vertical bars were used for a short time span, which makes them harder to find, but, on the other hand they are from a LARGE city so there should be a large amount out there!! There are duplex cancels with horizontal bars which started AFTER the vertical bars.

3. RichardBabcock

RichardBabcock Active Member

og.jpg I have tons of N.Y. cancels, And am selling on hip stamps. The lower one is a signed Stanley Ashbrook.It was in his study of the stamp at some point. Welcome here some you might like to see. f grill.jpg grid.jpg IMG_20201015_0001.jpg Ashbrook.jpg 552.jpg

Rick 2 likes this.
  4. RichardBabcock

RichardBabcock Active Member

Draft saved Draft deleted